• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

flat pack in 1-35 scale and dapto dogs.

Started by 1-32, June 25, 2015, 03:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

i agree volker i will look into it
cheers kim

1-32

good afternoon all.
for the last week or so i have done some work on the arch and built two stair cases for comparison.
with the arch i have taken the bolt details off and  enhanced the crack and steel lintel detail.
two stair cases the first one made by mini art great .the last one made by me  .with stairs there are standards that are used in there construction.both comply but with mini art the steel treads are too thick.in 1/35 scale they are 87 mm thick fare too thick for steel i suppose you could sand them but why bother.
cheers kim

finescalerr

And yours has more charisma. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Kim, Your stairs definitely feel like they belong with the bridge (maybe de-fuzz a couple small spots on them?)

1-32

Peter_T1958

Kim,

Quote from: Hydrostat on February 01, 2016, 01:25:34 PM
I nearly can smell the area ... the stonework, decay, coloring look very good and got an very artistic touch.

I agree with Volker: Your layout appeals to me actually because of this very artistic aspect, something that is lacking in my own projects, as it seems to me. Could it be that's so because I prefere a puristic style generally ???
Nevertheless I admire this artistic direction and this touch is a golden thread running through your work and some others, i.e Marcel Ackles still lifes.

I am looking forward what kind of brackish water will appear below this wonderful arch ... ::)

All the best from actually cold and wet Switzerland,
Peter
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

1-32

hi peter .
yes we all have many styles and to myself i try to see merit in  them all,always it is important to have lots of fun and be happy in what is basically a hobby.
i really really hope that it stays cold in 12 days i will be sampling the culture of north of the equator ie europe.
the choice is there the great culture of europe or the wonderful lifestyle of australia hard choice.
you are a really good painter your stone foundations and your treatment of metal are masterful they remind me of french 18 century diorama artists.
all the best kim

Franck Tavernier

Nice and artistic, I like that!

Franck

Sami

1-32

good evening all.
soon i will be moving on from being a brick layer not that i dont like bricks but enough is enough.this section has a large pipe section coming out of the dark.this pipe section will be extended and eventually end in the water.there will be other pipe sections smaller size also.
the last photo is a course a old russian steel mill. old joe stalin really knew how to make a classy mill.

Peter_T1958

Just Great! I love your scenes! Even in front of my computer I perceive a faint musty smell ...
Here another idea: I found this on Pinterest (by Todd Gamble):

Cheers, Peter

1-32

hi peter.
great effect is it resin or a tube that has been used as a form for resin.very dynamic -broken pipe or a pipe filling a vessel.
here is another shot that is very tempting.

Peter_T1958

Quote from: 1-32 on February 20, 2016, 12:06:10 PM
great effect is it resin or a tube that has been used as a form for resin.

No idea, how he did that. But he has some nice water effects.
Here the link to his blog. http://toddgambleart.blogspot.ch

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: 1-32 on February 20, 2016, 12:06:10 PM

here is another shot that is very tempting.

What a great scene! Lots of interesting shapes, textures and colors.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi ray
you sure can't beat a dirty,toxic ,just put together soviet cold war era steel mill.whole cities were built around these mills and whole cities died.
regards kim