• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

flat pack in 1-35 scale and dapto dogs.

Started by 1-32, June 25, 2015, 03:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

dapto dogs the more i think about it the harder it is for me to make the connection between the flat pack and doggies so for the moment i will call it both -flat pack in 1-35 scale and dapto dogs.
the first picture is of a possible lighting rig this is where the top of the travelling box becomes a reflector lighting rig-the light bounces.cheers -saluta

the next three photoes are of the new water tank and the way the 2 main elements stack.the water tank has to have the plumbing added both large and small  pipes.

Bill Gill

Nice idea for the lighting.
Must admit, with your sense of humor, first glance at the water tank my immediate thought was the red & white pipe was a drinking straw...

danpickard

Hi Kim,
Nice little update, and good to see you still tinkering on this micro concept.  Interesting lighting potential.  I like the softened bounced light idea.  When you displayed "Ace Radium", one of the things that I though presented well was the sort of floating overhead light source.  As far as this overhead bounced light rig, I'm keen to see how you'd keep the compact and portable aspect to this.

Cheers,
Dan

finescalerr

Along with what the other guys said I really like the appearance of the walls, the tank, and the vegetation in the tank. This little diorama is coming along very adequately. -- Russ

danpickard

Hi Kim,
Forgot to add in my last post...if this is being designed and built as a easily portable display, would you like to do a test flight with it next year on a short trip down to Melbourne/Geelong for a Narrow Gauge Convention?  Gives you about twelve months of further experiments and construction ;)

Cheers,
Dan

1-32

thank you all for the feed back.
i have to tell you all that this little module is really hard work to get it to work requires a lot of stuffing around the amount of re builds !
i like the concept of the lights i have thought it through and have come up with the idear that the light source[strip leads] would be at the back behind the back scene.this light source would be reflected [off the top of the traveling box.
there is also a stand that is built into the box every bit has a dual purpose.
so.
1-all power simple 12 volt track, lights.
2-stand built into bottom of box.
3-display lights part of traveling box.
4-sineage part of top traveling box.
5-i have since found that most small traveling cases have the handles in side the case to save room the handles have to be on the outside[old school]

cheers

Ray Dunakin

Very nice! I really like the brick walls and the plants in the tank.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi all,
thank you for the feedback i really liked the straw comment.
i have had a bit of spare time of late and between lots of cups of tea i am pushing the model out into the rest of the base board.the giant pipe line is in place ,as you can see it is all rough what i am after is texture.this first coat is a mixture of plaster and oil paints when dry washes and finally the detail.
cheers kim.

Barney

Looking Good - nice colours and different
Barney

1-32

hi all how are you all, russ still loving kicking back on the beach?
thank you all very much for the feedback it is always great getting it.
i have left the detail modelling for a bit and are concentrating on the packing and lighting .they are just as important as the modelling no more rebuilds.
the packing .
one hard shell carry on suit case[cabin friendly] cut out all the lining to expose a lean mean suit case.

the base board fits in nice and tight room on top for more stuff.i would like to secure the base to the case to stop it moving.the packing will evolve over the next steps.

cheers-saluti kim

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

ray get a cheap suit case and dont tell the wife.i think the trick is to leave a bit of a gap .the hard shell flexes a bit.
cheers

finescalerr

No rain here so all of Southern California is a beach ... or a desert near the ocean ... so I suppose you could say I'm kicking back on the beach. If I were not so busy working on a music project I would finally be ready to start a small diorama. I've certainly been thinking about materials and finishing techniques. -- Russ

danpickard

Hi Kim,
Wondering if some of these aircell packing pieces would be handy as different little cushion sets in and amongst the layout when it all squeezes into the case? Might be suitable to slide in and around the different elements so it all stays snug in transit.

Cheers,
Dan

1-32

hi all .
thanks dan for the feedback,the way airline security is going this module will have to travel in the hold ,pack it up and hope for the best.
i have changed the design around the area where the big pipe goes into the arch.the water tank platform has been extended  and the pipe has been finished.i finish all my work with water colour and then the detail picked out with brush.also the area of the arch has been vegetated .this section arch pipe water tank base is removable so i can maintain the track and gives me flexibility with shipping.
till next time cheers-saluti.