• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Looking for plans.....

Started by Allan G, August 11, 2015, 08:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan G

I'm trying to find detailed plans for a logging type (whatever that means) caboose or bobber caboose. I've scoured the internet (including google images) but I'm probably looking in the wrong places. I've gone through my old annuals (Modelers, Logging, etc.) and did find some material I can use plus great photos (especially in the Westlake Caboose Challenge). Any help is appreciated. Allan

darrylhuffman

Allan,

The Gazette has had many plans for cabooses over the years.

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.

Lawton Maner

Try Rod Souza  (rod@lsaknit.com).Last time I communicated with him, he was selling copies of the Russ Simpson plan sets.  Hadall of the Westside Lumber plans Russ drew and sold.

Allan G

Thanx guys. I knew I shouldn't have tossed my Gazettes but I moved to a small condo and had no space left.
I've emailed Rod. Darryl; I still use a few of your videos. They're timeless. Again, thank you.....Allan

Allan G

Lawton; Rod's email is no longer active......Allan

Allan G

Found what I "think" I need. Remembered a book I had packed away....."Caboose" published in 2001 and authored by BrianSolomon and JohnGruber. Thanx again guys.....Allan

Lawton Maner

Thanks Allen. I'll check my records and see if I still have his snail mail address.

Lawton Maner

Allen:

Try this:

Rod Souza
4550 Newtown Road
Placerville, CA 95667
email: rod@lisaknit.com

SandiaPaul

I'm sure most of you know this...you can toss your NGSLG's they are releasing it on disc...

Paul
Paul

Allan G

Thanx Lawton. Thanx Paul.....Allan

Lawton Maner

Allen:

Rod's email worked for me this evening. 

Send me your email address and I'll send you the price sheet.

And why should I chuck out my Gazettes? I go into the reading room tho escape and water and electronics don't mix.

Lawton Maner

Allen & others;

Rod has sold the Simpson plans to a Craig Tribuzi  (craig.diane@verizon.net).

I've contacted him to find out the status of the plans and the Simpson line of kits and parts.

As they say on the TV "film at 11:00".

Allan G

Lawton; do you know what was in the Simpson line of kits? Allan

finescalerr

Lawton, they don't say "film at 11" anymore. Tape replace film in the 1980s! -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Quote from: finescalerr on August 14, 2015, 01:04:00 AM
Lawton, they don't say "film at 11" anymore. Tape replace film in the 1980s! -- Russ

In the real world they "News at 11:00" but seeing your from Ca. and talk funny anyway!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin