• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New member, Hello. Merchants Row diorama

Started by jshack, September 26, 2015, 07:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jshack

First let me say Hello.
New to the forum, lot's of talented craftsmanship here. Hope to pick up a few tips and tricks.
This is a little diorama I've been working on, still much to do.
Thanks for looking.
Jeff

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard, Jeff! That dio looks great so far. What scale is it? Are the buildings kit, kitbashed, or scratch?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Allan G

Hello Jeff. Your Diorama is excellent. Hope to see more.....Allan

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Design-HSB

Welcome Jeff, that looks promising and would like to learn more.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

jshack

Thanks all.
Ray, it's HO scale, structure kit is Merchants Row 1,painted and weathered. Roads and sidewalk are craft foam painted and textured. Ground cover is from a fellow modeler, don't know where he got it. Store bought trees. Signs where downloaded and sized to fit. Built on a 2 inch piece of ridged foam.
Allan, I'll post some more pictures, try to get them a little bigger.
Helmut,  what questions can I answer?
Jeff

Barney

Welcome - just keep it coming
Barney

Design-HSB

Hi Jeff,

most of the questions were already answered by you.
Only your photos are unfortunately very small and so I can not see much actually.
Perhaps can the once larger images with 800 pixel width adjust and even detailed images that would be nice.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

jshack

Helmut,
Still learning the finer points of posting pictures, thanks for the suggestion.
Same pictures, larger size.
Same as in original post hopefully larger.
Jeff

jshack

That worked.
A couple more.

TRAINS1941

Welcome Jeff.  Better pictures second time around.  Hope to see more of your work.
Looks like your off to a good start.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

jshack

Couple new pictures. Added a fence along the side drive, needs some weathering. The foam road needs some touch up. Vehicles need weathering.
I plan on adding power poles and a couple street lights sometime.
Are we really ever finished????

Enjoy, comments and suggestions welcome.

Jeff

jshack

A little more work completed. Downspouts and scuppers started. What do you use to age copper?? I would like them to not look new?

Jeff

Ray Dunakin

If you want it to look like aged copper, there are chemical solutions you can use. One is sold under the brand name, Sophisticated Finishes.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

jshack

Thanks Ray,
Will have to look for this at the craft store.