• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Hetch Hetchy #6 or 9 work truck 1911 Packard Two Ton Truck.

Started by Scratchman, February 18, 2016, 02:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan G

Barney

Scratchman

Thank guys for your comments. Here's eight photos of the model in it's composite stage. I will start painting and then add the remaining detail.
For the engine I used a Minicraft Model Kits  1931 Ford Model A ,for the pattern. The engine is a four-cylinder with a generator and electric starter.

Gordon Birrell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbirrell/

NORCALLOGGER

Very nice Gordon, I always love to look at your detail work.
I especially like the work on the engine
Rick

finescalerr

Most satisfactory. And it is great to see you back. -- Russ

Barney

Stunning stuff !! the more I see the more I think this is the scale to work in - keep it coming its full of inspiration
Barney

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Bill Gill

5thwheel

Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Hauk

What all the others said!
Another fantastic signature model.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Hydrostat

A lot of people like the appearance of unpainted brass models. Your mix of materials brings out another, very special quality, that appeals much more to me. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to see it painted. Maybe I missed it somewhere: what have the vertical beams withe the rollers been used for? Was it for raising the truck bed? Must have taken some serious stress to the fixing point lacking some bevel braces. Inspite of them being static models yours always look like they could set off any time.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Scratchman

Thank guys for your comments.
Barney...1:16 scale is a lot of fun. I build a steam crane back in the early 70's in 1:48 scale that would have been a lot better model in 1:16 scale. I  miss not having Simsons and Trackside Details casting and products. I wish I had gotten  my last order to Trackside Details out before they went out of business. 
Volker... The vertical posts are for raising the truck bed. I waited to add the bracing until the cable was added to get the bracing in the right place.
Here's two photos of the mechanical for the bed hoist and the under body turn table,

Gordon Birrell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbirrell/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World