• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson tugger hoist

Started by Chuck Doan, January 10, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Bill Gill

Going off script certainly wasn't 'barking on the wrong tree' :)
It's looking very good.

Franck Tavernier

Stunning job, as always!

Congratulations Chuck, You've set the bar very high!

Barney

A superb bit of workmanship with realism and inspiration
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

nk

Chuck That is an incredible piece of work. Well done. I have to say that I love the numbered yellow chain guard...it turns the vehicle into real eye catcher.
Narayan
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

1-32

Chuck Doan

Continuing work on the sled. Playing with more wood effects and debris. Just installed the tractor axle support blocks and the decking that will be underneath it.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Gordon Ferguson

It's just fabulous , the grain, the spits , the colour and the staining , the mix of debris  and just the overall control of every little bit and nuance
Gordon

finescalerr

I agree. Nothing there to nitpick. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Like Gordon said, the colors, texture and everything else are spot on!

Hydrostat

Especially the second pictures with the oil and gasoline blotches looks phantastic.
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Hauk

I just have to laugh in disbelief.
There is absolutely no way to top this.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Bernhard

This is really almost indistinguishable from the original. Especially the oil stains are absolutely realistic.

Bernhard

Hydrostat

Chuck,

which kind of wood did you use for the planks? Did you do the saw marks by disk sander?

Cheers,
volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Lawton Maner

I too want to know how you did the saw blade marks. 

Or is it possible that once finished you are going to smile and say "April Fool!" because you've been working with a full sized restoration all along?