• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Some recent work on the In-ko-pah RR

Started by Ray Dunakin, June 28, 2017, 07:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: 1-32 on May 08, 2022, 09:44:17 AM
HI Ray how are you doing?

To be honest, not so good. Among other things, I found out today I have prostate cancer and will need surgery and/or radiation treatment.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

At your age, unless the cancer is unusually aggressive, it should be of minor concern. I have friends who had that surgery and radiation 20 years ago, are about 80, and are just fine. Still, you have my very best wishes and I hope your recovery is quick and as painless as possible. -- Russ

Barney

Hi Ray
I know the same as Russ - many of my friends have had surgery /treatment and are still with us and all feeling fine - ages are from 80 to 94 years old
My thoughts and best wishes for the future are with you
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

WP Rayner

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on May 11, 2022, 10:40:44 PM
To be honest, not so good. Among other things, I found out today I have prostate cancer and will need surgery and/or radiation treatment.

Well that's not happy news at all Ray. Sorry to see that, but the others are right. Treatments are far more effective now, especially when it's diagnosed early, and since you're not as old and decrepit as some of us in here, it will hopefully be something that can be taken care of with relatively little discomfort. We certainly wish you all the best.

Back to the modelling... I agree with everyone else, excellent work and too good for outdoors!
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

fspg2

Ray, All the best from me too.
I hope to see many more beautiful model builds from you in the future!
Frithjof

Bill Gill

Hi Ray, As others have said, two people i know have done very well after treatment.
Best thoughts .

Design-HSB

Hi Ray, unfortunately this is not good news. The good news, however, is that you can be helped very well. Stay confident and dedicate it to your health, for which I wish you all the best.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Thanks guys. The good news is, it's not the fast, aggressive kind of cancer. However, it has progressed far enough already (the entire right half of the prostate) that treatment is necessary to stop it before it spreads to other parts of the body. Assuming it hasn't already spread, the outlook for survival is good.

What makes this especially tough is that I already have a lot on my plate as caregiver for my wife who has multiple chronic health issues including bipolar disorder and end-stage kidney failure.

Ray Dunakin's World

Sami

the rust effects and the rest are very successful.
Natural light highlights the wonderful work.

nk

Ray that is a lot all at the same time. Hang in there my friend.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

TRAINS1941

Sorry to hear all the sad news Ray.  But stay the course everything will be fine.

You and your wife are in my prayers.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

1-32

Hi Ray
Modern treatments are very effective .
You are going to be fine.
All the very best Kim

Ray Dunakin

Thanks guys. I've elected to go with proton radiation treatment, no surgery. It's the "latest and greatest," cutting-edge stuff. I'm getting my first treatment on the 24th, then it'll be five days a week for about six weeks.

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

You have my absolute best wishes, Ray. I hope it obliterates the cancer and leaves you feeling ten years younger and disgustingly healthy. I also hope the side effects are very mild or nonexistent. -- Russ

Bernhard

I wish you a fast and effective recovery. Stay strong.

Bernhard