• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quai des Antlilles

Started by Sami, July 14, 2017, 01:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sami

Sami

Hello modelers,
After the start of the painting I was not satisfied with the dome. faults that could not be made up properly were visible.
So I started its construction again. I took the opportunity to bring more details.
I prefer this building.
I made also the bell.

finescalerr

Excellent fabrication. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Sami, your new dome is a good improvement over the first, which was also well done.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Hello Sami, you have to build things more like once to get a better end result. The roof shape now corresponds more to the original.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Barney

very nice - excellent workmanship- I think we have all been there and a re-do or complete start again is often the best way
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

I hate to think about how many times I've had to rebuild part of a model. That's one reason why you guys should build my models for me. -- Russ

Sami

Thank's guy for your comments !

Russ, I feel less alone.
In France we have an expression to say that we learn from our errors : it is by forging that one becomes blacksmith

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Sami on January 05, 2022, 02:00:23 PM
Thank's guy for your comments !

Russ, I feel less alone.
In France we have an expression to say that we learn from our errors : it is by forging that one becomes blacksmith

That reminds me of a quote from Mark Twain: "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

Hello Sami,

I think it's good that you took a second step! It was really worth it!
Frithjof

1-32

Hi Sami.
Something it is hard to start again but the result is worth it a great result.
cheers

Hydrostat

Sami,

this version looks much better, i.e. less exaggerated than the first one. It for sure was worth the afford.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Sami

The tower of dockers is finished or almost.

Bill Gill