• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

"Chase the Dragon", is that a Pub?

1-32

hi Lawtown no a tattoo parlour looking at it now wrong typeface, cheers kim

detail_stymied

the change in roofs does open up the area a bit. thanks for the over-all photo; that definitely lends orientation.

the Hat Shoppe could practically have a drive-through window!
s.e. charles

Ray Dunakin

Great stuff. I like the dragon sign.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Vals has now got a new neighbour do you think they will get on?.this scene is pretty well scratch built apart from the materials, what I bought were the plaster bricks and the hats from Plus Models cheers kim

detail_stymied

let's hope none of "the ladies" go in the wrong door! inka-dinka-doo . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV7XIw-eNUg
s.e. charles

finescalerr

Two nice additions: One to Kim's diorama and the other, an important addition to our cultural development. I think the last time I saw or heard Jimmy Durante sing Ink-a-dink-a-doo was when I was about nine years old! -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful work. I especially like the color and weathering of the wooden walkway (Doorstep? Porch?)  It looks very natural and authentic.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

I had a look at Jimmy quite a performer great period for stars.Ray the finish on the wooden floor is Sepia watercolour highlighted with watercolour pencils.the floor is hand laid thin wood that I have been buying. It is very thin ply much thinner than basswood, I get it in big sheets from craft shops. I use it for the sidings-weatherboard just cut it to size with a craft knife no fluff I prefer it over basswood.
my material list is.
glues-white wood glue, 5-minute epoxy and zap a gap medium.
paints -watercolour and mainly AK interactive in dropper bottle no wastage and good for airbrushes.some powders pencils and markers
wood-thin ply and custom size basswood.
plastic- not much Evergreen they are getting expensive if possible I like slaters and a European company Maquett.
roofing-Slaters corrugated sheets
metals-pretty much everything.
paper -both illustration paper and boards expensive but you can get a lot of stuff out of one sheet to build South Creek Road I use 2 sheets of board and one sheet of paper.I waste about 30 percent.
plaster -Hydrocol.
cheers kim

Bill Gill

Kim, since the creek empties into a lagoon, maybe the tattoo parlor can have a squid or octopus in the window - the source of the ink :)

detail_stymied

Quote from: 1-32 on April 09, 2018, 01:51:16 PM
...my material list...

you certainly make it look much more than the sum of its parts!
s.e. charles

1-32

hi, the space between Tatoo you and the oil drums neede one of these .scratch built with mini nature foliage.
all the best Kim.

finescalerr

Nice plant. I'll nominate you to become a member of the Australian Botany Club. -- Russ

detail_stymied

interesting how such a small introduction can create such a visual distance/ transition. I think my landscape design professor called it "a vertical element of containment".
s.e. charles

detail_stymied

and, Kim, if I am not asking something too personal, what is your background which allows you to create such things?

I have seen many models built by gifted modelers over the years, but your work has a touch all apart.

thank you for the inspiration.
s.e. charles