• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

not at all my background is simple I have been designing and building items since a very young age.my professional life was a lie but kept at it because it gave me time to build my own stuff.i have been lucky enough over the years to have had very good teachers in both art, crafts and design, having a business sense also is a big help
I am now retired and can now have a lifestyle based on building 3 d displays. hopefully, you all have good health in retirement and find inside yourselves the energy to do what you have always wanted.
cheers kim

Design-HSB

Kim,

I've been retired for over 10 years. I can't imagine how I've done this together with work and hobby.

In any case, this condition promotes creativity, which is already visible in your work. I wish you a wonderful modelling riot.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

detail_stymied

Quote from: 1-32 on April 13, 2018, 02:52:25 AM
... my background is simple...

thank you so much. words to live by!
s.e. charles

Ray Dunakin

Good job on the tree. It seems like exactly the sort of thing a business owner would do to add a touch of life and cheer as well as separation from the industrial surroundings.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi Ray
here is another and 2 new signs.the dragon sign was getting too complicated cheers kim

Greg Hile

This just gets better and better!

detail_stymied

wonder if she's waiting for the sailor getting her name across his chest?
s.e. charles

Greg Hile

Let's just hope, for his sake, her name is Ada or Ava and not Charlotte or Diamantina ...

finescalerr

That little corner makes no commercial sense at all ... but it looks good and I like it. Kim, remember to tell your little 1:32 scale friends the secret of retail: Location, location, location! -- Russ

1-32

funny it just goes to show the vast difference of retail model accessories.for years I built is 1/32 scale great scale and changed to 1/35 a few years ago South Creek Road is built to 1/35 scale.buying figures, for example, are hopeless a lot are too big and most are too small so I use Preiser 1/32 scale I feel they fit perfectly.
cheers

1-32

Hi, this time the water worked.

detail_stymied

the plants are certainly thriving with whatever is in the water. the last picture is a charmer!
s.e. charles

Greg Hile

1-32

it is called magic mud usually the breeding ground of the biggest meanest mosquitoes known to mankind.I don't know if you are familiar with water hisan and associated water weeds when the conditions are right they just take off I used similar memories on the model-cheers

detail_stymied

when I first looked at the swinging arm on the post, I thought the red thing was that poor lady's undergarments. figured she jumped in for a quick dip to cool off!
s.e. charles