• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

That is a very rare and endangered example of a paintbrush bush.  In the past mature stems were picked from it and used as brushes.  Owing to the greed of some painters in the past this one is the last one of its kind.

1-32

the paintbrush tree revealed. Lawton, there are 2 hand carts -1 flatbed and the other a tanker. yes, I like all these basic technologies that are made from lost and found materials. really good examples are third world weapons,  a bit of tube that has been fashioned into a lethal weapon.
cheers, Kim.

Hydrostat

Kim,
you don't fool me. That's no paintbrush tree. It is a coffee bush.
And your modeling is some kind of three-dimensional painting. I like it a lot.
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Ray Dunakin

Love the water cart, and the transformer is great too!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi all.
yes, South Creek actually exists and it is very close to where I live not a very inviting place a few creepy crawlers but a good reference point for my model. after being pushed around for a while the power transformer is beginning to fit in.
cheers, Kim.

finescalerr

You really brought that corner to life. -- Russ

1-32

Hi all.
A small change in scale and direction still 1/35 to 1/32 scale but running on 16.5 gauge track.
for the time being, I will include it with South Creek but in the future when I have built more running stock I will start a separate file.
so I small people carrier work in progress -styrene, wood, and wire I like it a lot but I feel the seats need some work.i will sit on it for a while.
cheers, Kim.

Lawton Maner

Having worked for a public utility for a period of time early in my working life, I can say that you have nailed the transformer.  Only criticism of it is that since it is waiting to be used somewhere, there needs to be a tag on it indicating that utility knows it is in inventory.
     I will enjoy watching as the "rickshaw" developes. 

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Looks great Kim, but I'm afraid you'll crush it if you sit on it.    ;)
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

thanks all.
24 hours and a bit of work later the little wagon is beginning to take on a bit of personality.
cheers, Kim.

Lawton Maner

1-32

Hi Lawton.
here they call it a stubby holder in reference to Australians love of beer.
personally, I just like coffee.
cheers

1-32

Hi here we are back again at the Creek as the red heading says it has not been used for over 120 days and yes I really want to continue and reply.
South Creek and I are going back to Europe so I really want to update it. This section middle foreground in a new concrete technique finished with watercolor -cheers.

finescalerr

Satisfactory. Are some dark brown "drip" lines a little too distinct? And maybe some should be lighter, more fuzzy, or a slightly different color? This isn't a criticism since I don't know what you want to represent, just a question. -- Russ