• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

16mm scale K1 Garratt

Started by LesTindall, June 23, 2018, 12:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LesTindall

After worries about the paint, lots of head scratching and 13 months work.....
Its scratch-built in styrene, acrylic tube for the boiler, 3D professionally printed dome and chimney, palteds from Narrow Planet.

Les Tindall   

finescalerr

Well, that certainly turned out adequately and I hope you're satisfied with the results. Thanks for posting.

By the way, what color did you end up painting the superstructure?

Russ

Gordon Ferguson

Very nice Les , well done in getting it to the finish line
Gordon

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

LesTindall

Sorry for late response to your question Russ, (I'll stand in the corner if you want!), it was sprayed Humbrol Satin Black.

Les

finescalerr

I've been in the corner for a while and it's a mess. I'll have to clean it up before anyone else can stand in it.

Apparently, then, you decided to forget about that annoying idea of replacing black paint with medium-dark gray to "make the model the right color in room lighting". What a relief. Your model looks perfect.

Russ

Barney

Lovely stuff - excellent styrene engineering - and you stuck with it !!  -HUMBROL RULES-
Barney
Whats next on the big scale scene ?

Barney

My version in Humbrol green Yesterday at Porthmadog