• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The small workshop at Huffkins Mine

Started by Barney, July 07, 2018, 05:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

The Old Compressor house belonging to the previous owners was destroyed in the great storm of 1902 its now under restoration for use as a small workshop for the Huffkins mine - the idea is from a building using 1 brick wall with everything leaning on it 

Barney

Its early days for the model - lots to do - the brick work on the main end wall is individual bricks by Stacey's Miniature Masonry (1/24th scale) an excellent product and true scale size bricks - the side low wall is from a sheet of 1/35th scale bricks but very much over scale for 1/35th this wall will be covered with undergrowth and rusting junk.
The inside of the main wall will be a rendered finish and the rear wall is planked

Barney

The interior of the work shop will have a used look but not over weathered (only been in use for about 2years)
some work has been started on the machinary 

Barney

The wiring and fuse boxes were left overs from the old Compressor House just tided up a bit for the machines and the left overs of the old belt drives can be seen on the main brick wall
Barney

Barney

The start of the brick work - thin card board used as mortar spacing

Lawton Maner

Lead photo of finished model is impressive.

Barney

the style of the brick work I used

Barney

The interior of walls and floors is all plastic card

LesTindall

Stacey's produce some very useful stuff - bricks, floors and so on in the larger scales. I've kept some photos for reference from a number of web sites showing Marcel Ackle's modelling which is truly inspirational. Just type in of a search engine "Marcel Ackle" and a host of photos come up. 

Les 

finescalerr

Nick built some structures with individual bricks. As I recall, he actually made his own bricks. His results, as yours, are superb. Please keep us up to date on your progress. -- Russ

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Great work so far! What an interesting and unusual prototype!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Greg Hile

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing this progress ...