• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New book coming

Started by shropshire lad, July 26, 2018, 04:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

I just happened to be looking at Marcel's website and it appears that he is producing a new book and it should be available in the autumn

http://www.feldbahn-modellbau.ch

I would imagine it will only be available in German , but that shouldn't be a problem for all of you multi-lingual Americans , it is us Brits who will struggle as we still think that everyone else should speak English !

I will try and obtain a copy at some point because if I am only able to look at the pretty pictures that would be worth the purchase price alone .

And before you ask , no. I haven't been away . I look in here everyday . No I am not doing any modelling at the moment as it is summer and I am working on the house . And no it won't be finished by Christmas ! And no I am not planning on a return trip to the States at the moment (much rejoicing had by everyone) , because the British Government has advised its citizens that the USA is a dangerous place to visit , with widespread civil unrest and lawlessness and a despotic president who is trying to take over the World . And anyway , I'm heading back Down Under next year and the finance director wouldn't possibly countenance two long distance trips in a year .

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

Well that answered all my questions ....... no real point in talking to you now  :D :D :D :D ;D
Gordon

TRAINS1941

Hey Nick.  I emailed you a month ago!  No I didn't get answer back!
Remember the pictures of the house you were going to send???

That NO sounds like if you asked Russ something that's what he would say!!  :)

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

Yeah, Jerry, except that I answered your e-mail from a couple of days ago promptly and in entertaining detail. You may now take Nick's place in the corner and stand there all weekend. -- Russ

Lawton Maner

OK, where's the link to the order blank?

Nick: The entire US isn't a lawless mess, just those parts where Cracker Barrel Restaurants are considered high end eating. Come back soon there are places where you can get good fish & chips and decent ales.  Can't help with mushy peas or eel pie though.

Mobilgas

I'm not buying that Book if it's in German....I want it in English. >:( 
Craig

shropshire lad

Quote from: Lawton Maner on July 27, 2018, 12:41:06 PM
OK, where's the link to the order blank?

I don't bloody know , just because me Mum's German doesn't mean I can speak the language ! I don't suppose it is available yet .

QuoteNick: The entire US isn't a lawless mess, just those parts where Cracker Barrel Restaurants are considered high end eating. Come back soon there are places where you can get good fish & chips and decent ales.  Can't help with mushy peas or eel pie though.

You can't supply mushy peas or eel pie ? Thank Allah for that , I don't intend flying half way around the World to eat food I don't eat at home ! I would want to sample some of the local indigenous foods such as KFC or Dunkin Doughnuts !
[/quote]

shropshire lad

Quote from: Mobilgas on July 27, 2018, 02:25:58 PM

I shall get onto Marcel forthwith and demand that he provides an English version . He might even be persuaded to produce it in an English version that Americans can understand !

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on July 27, 2018, 08:48:42 AM
Hey Nick.  I emailed you a month ago!  No I didn't get answer back!
Remember the pictures of the house you were going to send???

That NO sounds like if you asked Russ something that's what he would say!!  :)

Jerry

Hey Jerry , I am sure I replied to your email . Well , one of them at least . I tried posting a picture of the house earlier but the file was too big . I shall email you a picture now . Just to keep you quiet(ish)!

Nick

shropshire lad

Quote from: Gordon Ferguson on July 27, 2018, 03:14:25 AM
Well that answered all my questions ....... no real point in talking to you now  :D :D :D :D ;D

Hi Gordon ,

How is life in the Outer Hebrides ?

That was a pretty horrid incident that happened on your Island a few weeks ago , I guess it has affected quite a few people in your area .

Nick

detail_stymied

Quote from: shropshire lad on July 27, 2018, 02:38:18 PM
Quote from: Mobilgas on July 27, 2018, 02:25:58 PM

I shall get onto Marcel forthwith and demand that he provides an English version . He might even be persuaded to produce it in an English version that Americans can understand !

even a supplemental insert would be helpful so "we" could get a general idea what we're looking at!

$47.00 plus a bunch for shipping is a tough justification for something I cannot read. the website I can have google translate for free.
s.e. charles

Design-HSB

Here you can order the book:

for the order process

Fortunately, the pictures will not signify any language barriers. But I can understand you, I have the other way around the problem with the English, maybe Russ may produce a US version.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Lawton Maner

Nick:
When you next come across the pond, drop by.  There are places near to me that put KFC to shame.  In the kitchen of one of them the staff is my Grandmother's cook re-incarnated.  Southern cooking worth the trip.

The English translation of the website is good, but I think I'll wait until one of you who buys it gets bored and sells it on an auction site.