• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Grandt Line Products

Started by Barney, August 18, 2018, 11:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Does any one know the final out come of Grandt Line - did any company take it on
Barney

Greg Hile

Supposedly there is a new company being formed by the owners of The Leadville Shops in Colorado out of the merger of several different lines of products, including Grandt Line, under the name of San Juan Model Company. However, I haven't seen anything like a web site yet. They are supposed to have a booth at the NG convention in Minneapolis in early September.

finescalerr

I think the new owner may be Doug Junda, current owner of some other product lines, and, as far as I know, a pretty decent guy. He lives in Colorado. Maybe he has partners. If not, the guys he hangs out with are very good modelers and at least should provide decent counsel. I think another (former) hobby business owner from Colorado reported that news to me. I hope I remembered everything correctly but I no longer take responsibility for anything I may think, imagine, or remember. Serious forum members should confirm my ramblings with accurate research. -- Russ

Lawton Maner

As I understand, the new owners of Precision Scale will also be up and running shortly.  If so it will be good news for all of us.

Greg Hile

Not so sure about the serious part but the new owners are Bob Stears and Doug Junda. I've heard nothing but good things about them ...

finescalerr

I know both. Years ago Doug bought Design Tech from Doug Heitkamp as his entrée to the model railroad biz. Bob Stears is a meticulous researcher and excellent modeler specializing in DSP&P and C&S. I've published some of his stuff and it's first rate. Stears is a doctor in real life. I would trust them to run a first rate business. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Maybe they could advertise in your  :-X

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

mabloodhound

"Greetings All! Just a note to say that things here are still moving along while Doug and Bob hammer away at the Grandt and San Juan acquisition!"

That's a note today from the Leadville Shops on Facebook and yes, they will be at the NNGC.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower