• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Wildfires

Started by Carlo, November 10, 2018, 06:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thwheel

I'm relieved to hear from you and that you and kitties are safe. Also that your house has survived. I'm sure there is still a lot of hard recovery work to survive but glad you are OK.

Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Bill Gill

Russ, I'd been out of touch for awhile - Did not realize you were in an evacuation area! Glad to hear you and cats and home are OK, hope those nearby are too.

nk

Russ I am so glad that you are safe and your house is  okay. No matter how many fires you brave it never gets easier. Thanks for the updates.

I have friends in Malibu who lost everything except their 1982 VW Vanagon in which they fled. And the house where my wife grew up on Decker Canyon is gone too. And we are waiting to hear from another friend (he is 80-ish) who lives on the beach...I am sure he is okay but I don't know about his house...I just heard he is okay and so is his house.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

TRAINS1941

Unc

Glad to hear the house is safe.  Thank God for that.

Yes you are right there are way to many idiots running loose out there.  It really is sad!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Lawton Maner

Glad to hear the homeowners (the cats) and their staff (you) are able to return home.  Change can be very stressful on cats and a return to their own digs will calm them mightily.  As their servant you are charged with keeping them content 24/7. 
     Add some goats to the mix and help the survivors from the fire to keep the encroaching underbrush at bay.  If goats can keep Kudzu at bay here in the South they will work in California and will be welcomed by the tree huggers because they are environmentally friendly.   

Greg Hile

I was so focused on the fires up north that, even though we were down south for the weekend, it never dawned on me that you were in the fire zone. We are headed back up this afternoon. If you need help or anything, please let me know. Most happy to stop by. So glad you're safe.

Barney

The WORLDS GONE CRAZY - Glad you are OK (not forgetting the cats )
Barney

EZnKY

Thanks for the good news Russ!
I just wish everyone out there could say the same.  So much tragedy.
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

finescalerr

Thanks again, guys. I'm home now. The fire department here is terrific and my home suffered no damage at all. Even so, I want to move to the Pacific Northwest. Three scares and one close call are enough. I doubt my wife, enjoying her vacation to Croatia and Slovania, has a clue what the cats and I experienced and no doubt will think I am the problem rather than the tinderbox California has become. -- Russ

1-32

hi, Russ very scary. we have been getting a lot of news here in Australia. my heart goes out to you i know what it is like running away from out of control fires. all the very best to you and California.
cheers Kim

Mobilgas

Russ,  Glad to hear that everything worked out ;D  I to thought that some SICK arsonists started the fires.
Craig

Hydrostat

Russ,

it's good to hear that you and your home are fine.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Les Tindall

Russ
suggest you move to the Isle of Wight (23 miles by 17 miles in size) off the south coast of the UK.  Absolutely NOTHING happens out here (its all full of "crumblies" and "wrinklies" like me and totally unaffected by global warming. If a bike gets stolen it makes headline news. Anyway glad to hear you, the cats and the house are all OK.

Les

Mobilgas

Russ,  I would be looking for a House in another state if that's possible. ;D
Craig

darrylhuffman

Gil Flores and I both recommend Star, Idaho, for low crime, low cost and all around good living.

There was a time when I thought about moving to Felton, California, but realized when the forest fires came there was no way out.

Glad you are safe and sorry so many people are affected by this.
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.