• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Souces for small gears?

Started by Burl, January 28, 2019, 03:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burl

Does anyone have a source for small gears?  I'm looking for something that would fit a 1.5mm shaft.  I would be buying a dozen at a time, at most.  Everything I'm finding on Google is for bulk supply.

Lawton Maner

Try Northwest Short Lines. 

Their on line ordering system is a bit difficult to navigate, but they do take Pay Pal and ship anything in stock promptly.  They also have a design program which can assist you in creating a gear train for almost any use.

The usual denials of association.

SandiaPaul

Here is one industrial source I have used many time in the past

https://www.wmberg.com/

Can you give me an idea of what specs you are looking for? I may be able to help.
Paul

Burl

Thanks for the links.  I never thought about NWSL.

I have some Faulhaber motors I want to use in making nose-hung traction motors in 1:32.  The shaft on the motor is smooth, and measures 1.47mm.   I assume they are meant to have a press fit?  That's where I'm having trouble finding a spur gear with suitable bore size.

The output shaft diameter is 5.5mm.  I'm looking to get in the neighborhood of a 1:8 gear ratio.

SandiaPaul

I looked thru my collection but sorry to report I have nothing even close to that spec. Good luck with your search. How about printing them?
Paul