• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Dirty Dog

Started by 1-32, February 25, 2019, 04:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

Yes, Helmut, more pics please!
Carlo

Lawton Maner

I once watched a Utube video of a mining loco in western Russia in which the electricity for the motor was picked up using a hand held wand.  Not practical in a model but SCARY.

finescalerr

Post photos of your progress. This should be good. -- Russ

1-32

Hi all.
the little loco is taking shape,  the basic underframe is finished and the spud has found a place. Now I am making a mock-up for the rest of the project I find it a really interesting build so far.
I have also found 3 more photos of different variations of the cab and floor.
cheers Kim.

1-32

good morning all how are you all.
my little electrical is moving along most of the upper part is finished to a primary level now painting and detail.i have never done a double sided wood panelling with a small radius before,  a bit of a trick and fiddly but eventually worked.
cheers, Kim.

finescalerr

You are capturing the essence of the loco; very charismatic. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

That McCormick-Deering loco is way too cool! Definitely would be awesome to model, and might be doable in 1/24th.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

The model is looking great too!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi there.
moving along and the little 15 horsepower electrical loco is nearly finished just a few more little details. the roof is sheet lead a material that I love a hole that can be covered gives access to the set screw that holds the motor in place-see picture. the pantograph is piano wire bent then held in place with thin surgical wire super glue finishes the joint it is movable. the paint job is a mixture of water and oil based paints distressed.the last detail are the couplers these are the common link and pin, which brings me to the point of the variety of narrow gauge couplers none are commercially produced so they all have to be scratch built.
cheers Kim.

Design-HSB

HI Kim, a successful Model with Charm.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

thanks, Helmut.
I will make a few wagons to go with it.
my thoughts have been going in the direction of how to produce clay sewer pipes in 1/32 to 1/35 scale. if you could it would make a great looking load on the wooden wagons.
cheers Kim

finescalerr

Satisfactory. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Kim, A fun little electric loco.
There is air-dry terra cotta clay available, but extruding it for pipe would be a challenge. What about a length plastic tube? Heat one end and push a rounded dowel tip into it to create the pipe flange?

Lawton Maner

Make one prototype of the pipe and then resin cast the rest.

5thwheel

Kind of reminiscent of the old Toonerville Trolly comic of years ago.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.