• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 EIMCO 401-216 "Whistling Pig"

Started by Bernhard, September 15, 2019, 07:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

The rear axle bearings are spring-loaded.

finescalerr

Bill Gill

Bernhard, I did think you would probably install a sound decoder with all the detailed work you were doing to build the model. Partly the question was being silly. I could imagine you with a microphone leaning over a boiling tea kettle trying to record the whistle noise to upload into the decoder, and then taking a further flight of fancy, imagine the model really running on compressed air rather than an electric motor.

Barney

Very very impressive and to get so much inside the little critter its beyond me !
Barney

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

nalmeida

Barney

Bill - I presume it makes a "hissing sound"
Barney

Bill Corser

Lovely work, Bernhard. I built an Eimco loco in 1:22.5 scale some years ago - sold it on a while back, but still miss it!

Bill
Bill

'Comme ils sont beaux, les trains manqués'
Jules Laforgue

https://sites.google.com/site/myoldlayouts/

finescalerr

I just signed Bill into the forum. -- Russ

Marty J

Really nice work Bernhard and Bill. 
In addition to Tim's plan, I also posted a manual on the locomotive that shows a number of useful details about the drive train.
The direct link to manual is http://www.narrowgaugechaos.com/RPC/Material/Locomotives/Eimco/EimcoIndex.htm
Regards
Marty

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Bill Corser on September 18, 2019, 02:39:08 AM
I built an Eimco loco in 1:22.5 scale some years ago - sold it on a while back, but still miss it!

Awesome!!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Thanks all for your interest.

Lawton:
The compressed air whistle of the critter really sounds like the whistle of a woodchuck. We have these animals too, but they live in the mountains above the forest line.

Bill Gill:
I will remember the idea with the tea kettle perhaps for another project. In fact, I extracted the sound for the "Whistling Pig" from various videos. I will report about it later in more detail.

Barney:
Thanks for bringing me in here! And after seeing some of your posts I can only say: no false modesty.

Bill Corser:
During my internet research at the time I came across your post in the GnATTERbox forum. Great work! The new owner must be a happy man.

Marty:
This manual is really worth its weight in gold. Especially the spare parts catalogue, which shows many parts inside, which you don't see in other photos.
I wish there would be more such documents for my other projects.

Bernhard

And here we go again.

The trolley
The trolley consists of two parts, between which the gear is mounted. The gearwheels have a module of 0.3 mm.

Bernhard

The critter is driven by a Maxon motor (Swiss quality!) with a diameter of 12 mm.

Bernhard

The finished trolley with motor, flywheel and current collectors.