• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 EIMCO 401-216 "Whistling Pig"

Started by Bernhard, September 15, 2019, 07:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

The trolley with the electronic components:
  • Sound decoder (ESU Loksound Micro V4.0)
  • Buffer capacitor (ESU PowerPack Mini)
  • Loudspeaker (Zimo)
All components are equipped with plug connections so that they can be easily disconnected if necessary.

Bernhard

Finally the chassis is built into the frame. The whole troly is later covered by the receiver and can hardly be seen anymore.

finescalerr

Bill Corser

Many thanks to Russ for allowing me onto the forum, and to Marty J, Ray and Bernhard for the kind comments. I've introduced myself properly here  http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=3008.0
Bill

'Comme ils sont beaux, les trains manqués'
Jules Laforgue

https://sites.google.com/site/myoldlayouts/

Hydrostat

Bernhard,

welcome to the forum! What an interesting prototype - and your transition into a model is gripping, too. I like your mixture of materials.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Design-HSB

"Glückauf" Bernhard,

welcome to the realm of the mine railway model builder. Thank you very much for the interesting report.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Bernhard on September 19, 2019, 07:29:08 AM
Finally the chassis is built into the frame. The whole troly is later covered by the receiver and can hardly be seen anymore.

Very impressive!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Thank you for your interest and your encouragement.
Let's continue with the turned parts.

The receiver
The receiver has a cutout at the bottom, so that it can be placed over the motor.

Bernhard

A radius turning device is needed to turn the curved receiver caps. Since I do not have one on my lathe, my good friend Werner kindly turned it for me.

Bernhard

The first test-fit on my layout. Looks good so far!

Bernhard

Now to the receiver fittings. Unfortunately there are no drawings for it, and they look a bit different on every locomotive. Therefore I have oriented myself on the Lea Bailey critter and estimated the dimensions from the photos.
First the main valve, which controls forward and reverse travel.
Marty, I hope you have no objection to me showing a picture from your manual here.
The two following photos of the prototype were taken by Lea Bailey Light Railway.

Bernhard

The receiver filling unit with quick coupling, stopcock, whistle, safety valve and pressure gauge.

Bernhard

Bill Gill

5thwheel

Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

fspg2

A really nice role model and great implementation in the models!
Thank you for showing!

@Bernhard

QuoteFirst of all I have to say that I copied some tricks for milling from Frithjof (fspg2), who has very interesting posts in this forum.

I am glad that you could take over something! It is rare that I hear such a thing - thanks!
Frithjof