• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 EIMCO 401-216 "Whistling Pig"

Started by Bernhard, September 15, 2019, 07:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty J

Hi Bernhard,
No problem.  The 15 or so EIMCO 401's that I have seen they were set-up all slightly different.  I think that there were lots of modifications made in the field.
If you can make it believable looking it could very well have existed.
That said, here is a photo of the controls on a 401 in Challis ID that I took a couple of years ago that lots very similar to the manual. 
Regards
Marty

Barney

THE WHISTLING PIG - As seen today Sunday September 22nd at the Lea Bailey Light Railway in the forest of Dean England
it was a bit wet

Barney

Barney

Barney

Barney

and a rocker shovel

Marty J

The end port is one of the interesting differences in the 401 series.  Some have it - some don't.
When it included in the the tank the orientation is slightly rotated off the vertical.   I assume that facilitates access.
Here is an end just like the one posted by Barney.

Marty J

And here's one without the port.

finescalerr

If you continue to scratchbuild models to that degree of perfection you'll have no time to finish your layout! -- Russ

Bernhard

Thank you for your interest in the project and your participation.

Marty:
I have already seen two different set-ups of the "Whistling Pig" pressure gauge!
The end port: I did not reproduce it, because the shape is difficult to produce in brass without a CNC mill.

Barney:
Thanks for sharing the photos. They are a useful addition to my project documentation.
Hopefully the trip was interesting despite the bad weather.

Russ:
That's exactly my problem. I always work on several projects at the same time. Some of them inevitably remain unfinished.
Here in between a short preview of two works in progress:

Bucket chain excavator Ertmer KB1

Bernhard

The 3D model

Bernhard

And the current status

Bernhard

Bernhard

The restored vehicle

Bernhard

Design in progress