• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 Bucket chain excavator Ertmer KB 1

Started by Bernhard, October 27, 2019, 03:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

... and the two side frames are soldered together.

Bernhard

The jig for soldering the cross profiles is made in three parts. Otherwise it could not be removed from the frame after soldering.

Bernhard

The outer cross profiles are soldered on.

Bernhard

Now the jig is unscrewed, removed from the frame and then screwed together again. Then the frame is placed upside down on the jig for soldering the internal cross sections.

Bernhard

Then the stiffeners are attached.

Bernhard

Now a few turned parts have to be made.
The chain deflection rollers are pre-turned and then, because four holes still have to be drilled in two of the rollers, they are finished on the rotary table on the milling machine.

Bernhard

The finished rollers.

Bernhard

Then a few support rollers have to be turned.

Bernhard

The flange bearings for the support rollers are a particular challenge.

Bernhard

Because they are so small, 3D printing is out of question, and I have no access to a CNC machine for milling.
My good friend Werner finally stepped in and milled the parts for me on his copy milling machine.
For this purpose I prepared two models made of aluminum. These are 5 times bigger than the workpieces.

Bernhard

The finished parts, milled from the solid with a 1 mm milling cutter!
Unfortunately it is difficult to photograph the parts adequately with the mobile phone camera.

Bernhard

And this is the new, provisionally attached part of the bucket ladder. Here, too, the rollers are not mounted until after painting.

Bernhard

finescalerr

Most satisfactory. How long did it take to complete the work you have just described? -- Russ

Barney

Engineering in miniature thats what its all about - an excellent project
Barney   

5thwheel

Extremely beautiful work.  But I would like to know where you found that giant match that you show with the parts.

Bill Hudson
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.