• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Have I got it right - Pump the model in 1/35th

Started by Barney, May 09, 2020, 05:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Its a bit of a challenge (well for me) in 1/35th a dilapidated diesel pump working just ! measuring 50mm high (5ft 6in in 1/35th)  It should end up on the small diorama with the Forestry inspection critter which is now out of the paint shop ready for assembly
photo of main frame  all Evergreen styrene used   
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

the bits ! The motor - pump/air separator - the output bit
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Are the motor parts from scratch or are they commercial shapes or molded parts you found? -- Russ

Barney

Drive motor body is acrylic rod - the pulley is a Grandt Line critter wheel with flange removed - the pump is a tank suspension bit (which looks like a pump) the pulley is a 1/72 tank wheel
other bits are Evergreen strip with the odd bolt and nut
I wanted all the components to be different colours as if they have been replaced through the years - if it was all the same I think it might look like a "blob" of bits in 1/35th
All the wiring will be rubber strands  from a luggage strap - it forms nice loops and is very fine
GIZMOLAGEY RULES with a touch of madness ! !
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

version number 2 on the way   (number 3 actually but we will not talk about that one except it made a funny noise when it hit the bin !) but of course run out of Evergreen angle so new lot ordered
Barney 
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Stuart McPherson

Barney

Waited to long for Evergreen angle and Humbrol paint to arrive  the Post situation has gone up side down ! - So new version now in 1/24th scale (all bits in stock) and looking at the project the pump looked a bit lonely So I thought a fuel depot would do the trick a  small open shed with hot oil engine driving a 3 cylinder compressor for the air locos and the diesel pump
Dug out an unfinished engine and compressor out of the stock box (next to the bin) replacement "governors balls " some filling to do on the fly wheel and the normal amount of nuts/bolts should do the trick
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

engine and compressor
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Stuart McPherson

Barney

Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

Everything is to your usual credible and neat standards. The small components seem well suited to 1:24. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Great work!

In the last photo, the engine looks like it has a happy face.   
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Lawton Maner

The pump is obviously a friend of Thomas.  I expect to see a video posted later this week of it singing! ;D ;D

shropshire lad

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on June 23, 2020, 11:36:30 PM
Great work!

In the last photo, the engine looks like it has a happy face.   

That'll be the Lego brick that is used at the start of the build