• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35th TACL rail tractor

Started by Bernhard, May 27, 2020, 01:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

The guides for the front axle are soldered to the lower part of the frame.

Bernhard

These parts also belong to the frame. But they are only mounted when the chassis is installed.

Bernhard

The two cast buffer plates with the raised inscriptions are real gems. They are 3D printed in plastic and they are really perfect.
Now the frame is ready for the assembly of the chassis. But first a few more parts have to be made.
(TACL 018 by Ben V.)

Bernhard

Lawton Maner

I love the soldering fixtures.  Can you post a picture of the clamps showing how the end fits into the pad?

finescalerr

I don't think we've ever had a forum member show us in such detail how to solder together small parts. Thank you. And who did the 3-D printing for you? -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Nice work, and that printed piece is amazing!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Bernhard

Thank you guys for your interest.

Lawton, you can see the clamps at the bottom. In Europe, you can buy them here: https://www.fohrmann.com/de/loethaken.html
The adjustable stops, which are also very useful, I made myself.

Russ, I had the buffer plates printed up at Shapeways. The material is Fine Detail Plastic. I also thought about having them printed/cast in brass. But I'm afraid that the font would have been less good. The font is 1 mm high and 0.3 mm thick.

Bernard

Lawton Maner

Thanks for the link.  The site has a lot of goodies which will make modeling easier.  Now I just need to speak the language before filling my toy box with new toys.

Hydrostat

I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

Lawton.
Top of the page right is a language symbol click on it for the English version  most pages these days come with language selection.

1-32

5thwheel

When I open it I get a warning that the website has been compromised.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Barney

The tractor is looking Good - excellent workmanship with quality
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Lawton Maner

Thanks to all, now this is going to hurt my budget.