• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Yep hi Ray.Just looking at it now the top roof is too heigh quick where is the knife.
One thing I am looking forward too is putting in all the structural timbers.These structures are very organic were the structural timbers live off each other.
True.

Bernhard

Really nice project, Kim!

Bernhard

Bill Gill

Looking good, Kim. Sufficiently spindlely to be amazed that it can support itself.

1-32

Good evening all as always thank you all for your interest.
Well, you all know how long it has taken me to figure out this project.
Sandy Hollow and the Acland mine.I had 4 photos and also had to compress the plan to fit my size.
It has taken me at least 6 weeks and 4 rough cardboard mockups but we are good to go.
Here is the scale drawings double-track 1/35 to 1/32 scale I will also make some ore wagons to suit.
All the very best.
Kim.

Bernhard

Kim, I like your plans. They are so much better than any CAD drawings!

Bernhard

1-32

Goodmorning Bernard.
Yes my drawings I have fallen in love with Copic alcohol-based markers the sketch variety, they have a paintbrush feature I think in 100 different colors and they have the ability to overlay.
CAD-based modeling has a lot of growing up to do at the moment the image is that you just scan an object send it away and bingo you have a finished item that will satisfy the pickiest of rivet counters, but hey what would I know.

Basically, just a software solution where copyright could be involved.

Architectural models are a good example of purely CAD systems while Hollywood or London is now a fusion.
In the end, it usually ends up being a fusion but for detailed painful objects, Cad systems are a dream.

For example my conveyor system, in my drawing, I have not put in much detail but I will build what is necessary with a CAD no worries. My version will look great but it is my version it will be different from the original and easily dismissed.
As you all you lot out there great modeling have always enjoyed it all we are all different true individuals.
cheers

Ray Dunakin

I always enjoy seeing your drawings!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

Yes, love those drawings, you should hold an exhibition of them or put them in a book.  Kim, have you ever seen Clarrie Cox's paintings of historic Australian buildings. Great atmosphere in them and very useful for modelling. A book of his paintings "Historic Towns of Australia" published back in 1984 may still be available.
Les

Barney

I agree with all- Superb- stuff all with atmosphere even in the drawings
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

I guess it's time I say once again, Kim seems to approach modeling as an artist approaches sculpture. Everything he draws or builds exudes charisma. -- Russ

1-32

Hello all.
As always wishing you all the best and thank you for your interest fun hey?
Moving along the material conveyor system on 1/35 to 1/32 scale, as the build progresses the finish will be refined.
cheers.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Kim, this is going to be a great elevator.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Kim, I got a big lift just looking at your elevator progress.

finescalerr

Bill, go stand in the corner. -- Russ