• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Hello, all as always wishing you all the best of health and thank your positive comments.
Moving along-the mineral bin so much wood but so much fun, it will have a removable interior mineral pile of either coal or gravel suitable detailed. Now all the bobs and pieces like the bracings and the road base.
cheers.

finescalerr

Very attractive ... and it keeps looking nicer. -- Russ

WP Rayner

Very expressive Kim, as is all of your work. I can't help thinking there is a health and safety inspector somewhere having a stroke!
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

1-32

Hi Paul.
Never too old for a band-aid hey.
cheers

Barney

Just gets better by the day
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Really, better and better!

Bernhard

Sami

it takes shape and it's beautiful

1-32

Morning all as always thank you all for your interests and wish you the best of health.
Moving on with Sandy Hollow.
When I start a project I expect it to change and this is the case with Sandy Hollow I can't just work to a plan, after all, I do it basically as a hobby but what a hobby.
With a total length of 1450 mm or 4 foot 10 inches and a width of 350 mm 1 foot 2 inches now there are two baseboards-the town of Sandy Hollow and the board for the loader connected by a narrow-gauge railway, it has gotten smaller but there is more potential.
The town baseboard now has the base terrane glued in place and the buildings are being modified to fit the area. To come is a road crossing and a blade signal connected to a leaver frame working of course their positions are marked by the bare patches .
So much to build and change great.
But in the meantime wishing you all the best.
Kim.

finescalerr

Editing seems to have increased that section's impact. As so often is the case, less is more. -- Russ

Bernhard

Model building as an iterative process leads to interesting results. Looks coherent, Kim.

Bernhard

fspg2

It was worth it - I'm looking forward to the further conversions!
Frithjof

Barney

Its Great 5 star great
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Good morning all and as always wishing you all the best of health.
I have been away for a while have visited many amazing places and stayed healthy but,3 days back in Australia I got Covid. I am lucky my mother gave me a strong immune system and being fully vaccinated means after 7 days home care I should be good to go.
It has been refreshing to get away from modeling for a while and just soak up what the world has to offer in my case 3 outstanding science and technology museums.
The Riverside Museum Glasgow, what a wonderful showcase of what Scotland and the Clyde used to produce.
The Technical Museum Vienna is huge and overwhelming any museum that has a whole display on hot water systems gets my vote.
And finally the Arsenal Vienna and one particular model -a 1-12 scale cut in half or a section of a Dreadnought battleship, hard choice after seeing so many amazing models and miniatures but it has to win, pity I found it hard to photo.
When my strength returns back into modeling.
Cheers Kim.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World