• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Kim,
very beautiful and impressively made.

Only one question remains open to me, how and what did you make it out of
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Kim, all the little bits add to the overall scene very nicely. And it's neat that the signal and turnout lever really work too.

1-32

Morning yes it is 5.30 am here on the other side of the world anyway.
Thank you all for your comments, I can't remember but my objective is to make a signal that might be found on a private narrow system like Sandy Hollow. This design does not exist but is made up of bits and pieces of other items that is how I explain it.
At the moment the signal target is a bit lost but there will be a big black signal lamp behind to give it contrast.
Hi, Helmut the bits are cut out of nickel silver, a very good material. My process is to draw the item, stick the drawing onto the metal, and with a piecing saw cut them out then file. A very old process and is still used widely today.
cheers

Barney

Very Nice bit of miniature engineering
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Afternoon all, here we are trying out the new set up I am beginning to sound like a right old boy quick where is my pipe and slippers, but seriously as usual wishing you all the very best.
Sand Hollow and its collection of little baseboards have now grown,the new section has the signal and crossing gates so far, simple signal stop and go.
The speed limit is no more than a light jogging pace.
big pictures hey but re-sized.
Cheers.

finescalerr

Creative, beautiful, impressive, adequate. -- Russ

Stuart

Very impressive. 

I have just recently joined the forum so am coming in late on your project.  But, as I review your past posts and look at where you are planning to go with your work, it's like watching a series of "cliff hanger" episodes.  I can't wait to see what's coming next. Keep up the good work and I will be staying tuned.

By the way, I really enjoy your concept sketches as well.

Stuart

1-32

Hi Russ and Stuart.
Russ thank you I think I will enjoy the new setup, still have to explore some of the features but being able to post big pictures is great. Checked my phone and they fit very well on its screen.
Hi Stuart, welcome cheers Mate my actual modeling area is considered minimal space so the idea of small interchangeable scenes that can be updated as the mood strikes work well. I will do a few rough mock-ups till I settle on one effect.It is not a big deal if they don't work maybe the next one will.

Ray Dunakin

I love it! Every bit of it is full of character yet also very authentic looking, without a trace of caricature.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Very well done, Kim. Can you show us some more detail pictures of the rail tractor?

Bernhard

1-32

Morning all, all good in your various parts of the world?
Moving along Bernard here are some detailed shots of my little rail motor, I used the version that was used on the Ida Bay narrow gauge railway, Southern Tasmania Australia for inspiration. It works well that is a power bogie in front and a single 0n30  bogie at the rear. As you can see I really fuss over the finish is part of the beauty of my models...
The last photo is of the ground cover that I did last week. I have no idea how many versions I have done? let's call this version 5, cracked concrete I like it remember this is the base.
Cheers.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Inspirational atmosphere excellence
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Carlo

Beautiful scene!
Carlo

TRAINS1941

Very well done.  Everything fits perfectly in the scene.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin