• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

And one of the walls, I have a new favorite airbrush paint the Shader Range it is nearly transparent its feature is that it can really make the finish 3 dimensional. When one section is finished I will spray it .DSC_7784.JPG

finescalerr

So far I can't quite figure out what goes where and how it will fit with what you've already done. In your next post could you also include a simple sketch? -- Russ

1-32

Morning is not a problem I will post 2 new pictures to tell more of the story.
One of my objectives is to build this model to a very high standard of woodwork in Australia of the past wood was the no 1 building material.
So hopefully I will reflect this.
Another of my objectives is to be clever with my space and have the opportunity to swap out a section while always using the same baseboard.
I like small intense models and craft painting it just reflects where this hobby is going for me. Easy to keep the bust off storage is not a problem and the build can be done in comfort .
So the first picture is of one corner of the baseboard the wall and window are in position the side wall is done and the false floor is in position.
The second picture shows the window and one of the false floors removed.
cheer
DSC_7796.JPGDSC_7799.JPG   

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Aha! This is a different diorama from "Sandy Hollow", with the two houses and the loader. That cleared up half of my confusion. And I also understand now how the "suitcase layout" fits together. So you answered two questions with one post. Thanks. -- Russ

Barney

Superb with character
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi Russ ,Ray and Barney.
Thank you for your comments.
Yes I can see how it could be confusing,maybe I will just call it all Sandy Hollow with a series description.
Cheers

1-32

Here we go on another version of Sandy Hollow lets call this version number 3.
As usual, wishing you all the very best.
Now all the boring bits are out of the way I can now build the more personal parts. Most of the finishes are in an undercoat stage.
cheers.
DSC_7914 (2).JPG DSC_7910.JPG   

Barney

Perfect example of atmosphere - construction and details all done with just 2 Photos - I just Love it !!!!
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi Barney.
Cheers,
Looking at it I think the lattice slats are too big, I will most likely make some new smaller panels. These dimensions have worked before but now in a smaller compressed space, no.

finescalerr

The slats don't bother me but, either way, it is shaping up into another charismatic little diorama. Adequate. -- Russ

Sami

Hello Kim,
All these buildings a little wobbly are beautiful to see.

1-32

Yes, the lattice, being at the front just needs more detail.
Here is a picture of a new panel under construction. The backing is styrene and the adhesive used is white glue . When all is dry I just peel it off the back sheet and cut it with a sharp knife.
DSC_7930 (2).JPG

finescalerr

It may end up looking just right when you trim and install it but right now it looks like some fancy Italian food made with linguini. -- Russ

1-32

Funny I just had Asian noodle soup for dinner.