• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Hi,
 All good out there and thank you as usual for your interest.
Sun shades were essential in a hot humid part of the country before air con. They shaded the rooms from the hot sun and were usually made from sheet metal as per the reference photo.
Pictured are three different ones that I have made from styrene in 1/35 to 1/32 scale.
cheers
10658905_10204967601695469_7886314419808121862_o.jpgDSC_7952.JPGDSC_7955.JPG   

Bill Gill

Nice work, Kim.  I feel cooler already.

finescalerr

Everything is coming together. Paint and stains, sunshades, and lattices that no longer look like linguini. The roof looks good, too. -- Russ

Barney

Its different and unusual but very nice - its the way to go working on small modules it certainly help me doing it this way 
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Nice! Those sunshades are quite unlike any I've seen in this part of the world.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Such small details are what give a model its atmosphere.

Bernhard

Barney

Your atmospherics get better by the day  - It appears to be very popular in most tropical climates - Lattice work in French Guiana - the final resting place for The French Saw Mill just to confuse every body even more
Barney
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi all how are we doing today, all the very best as usual.
It is a pleasure to bring to the forum a part of Australia that most likely you have never seen, times are changing but there is still a lot of this detail around.
Yes, Barney the lattice you slept on the verandah with the lattice to give you privacy just the coolest place but you had to have mosquito nets to keep the bugs off.
So far 20 pieces, a bit of a fiddle to get it to work, and there are still challenges but it is happening.
In March of next year, I will be taking it to Europe it is going to be so much fun explaining that yes I have lived like this.
cheers

1-32

And the pictures.
DSC_8045 (2).JPGDSC_8049 (2).JPG 

Stuart

Nice work.  Lot's of character.  And I am enjoying the flapping seagull startled by the fellow taking a rest on the stairway.

finescalerr

Exudes charisma. -- Russ

Barney

Stay cool !! but keep the bugs at bay
Barney
Stuart McPherson

nk

You can also explain to your European audience that the extreme heat and humidity made people "go tropo"
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi all .
All the best and thank you for your comments, Hi Ray, Stuart, Russ, Barney, and Mr. NK I am looking forward to the Bluey story.
Well, all the corners are filled in, now for a bit more detail, I have so much detail that I just put it on and take a picture it is always great to make more.
In the three pictures, the colors are grey based with a bit of intense color here and there. Mainly washes with colored pencils to add texture.
Cheers
DSC_8256.JPGDSC_8266.JPGDSC_8291.JPG