• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

You've really brought it to life. Well, except for that rather peculiar woman on the odd red contraption. Perhaps you should speak at length to your therapist about that .... -- Russ

1-32

HI Ray and Russ.
Yes it is coming along and about my best friend in the red thing it reminds me of somebody I used to know,but in the end it will not be be in the final mix.
Next the laundry under the stairs and the tramway workshop under the building.
All the very best Kim

1-32

Evening everybody all good out there?
Moving along with the laundry and a few detailed items plus the overall layout of the area it is a start.
All the very best KimDSC_8322 (2).JPGDSC_8360.JPG 

finescalerr

Nice touch. All the most modern conveniences. -- Russ

1-32

Hi Russ.
The photos are a bit too big for the page what are the best page settings to fit, on the other hand, really big pictures are great you can really get in there.?
Yes, all the modern appliances for the weekly job -the washing usually on Monday. My world is set around 1957 all rough washing powder and bleach. The clothes were boiled in copper either gas or coal-fired with the copper stick for stirring then transferred to the tubs with powder and finally, the excess water was removed with the ringer. Nice clean white sheets blowing on the line.
all the best.

finescalerr

I like being able to see your modeling in such high resolution, Kim. But if you want to make the photos a little smaller, you could set the width at about 2000 pixels (and let the program adjust the corresponding height) at whatever resolution you normally use and see whether you prefer the new size. If not, then make it a little more or less wide and see how it looks. Similarly, if the height is more than you want, then shrink it and let the program adjust the width. The file size, in kilobytes, already seems to work quite well. Send me an email if you have any questions. -- Russ

Bernhard

Nice scene, Kim. You feel like you're in a time machine.

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi Russ, Bernard, and Ray thank you for the feedback.
Moving along with another essential detail bit of tropical Australian architecture the roof vents. For many years I have collected reference pictures of roof vents they came in all shapes and sizes from impressive industrial applications to common household sizes. They vented the roof spaces of hot air simply but very effectively usually they were made out of zinc today expensive and collectible.
Luckily I fiddle around and make them .
Cheers and best wishesDSC_8392.JPG .
Kim

Karl.A

Nice and original vent design Kim, functional and ornate at the same time. Well done on the fabrication.

1-32

HI Karl.A.
Thank you and welcome to the forum.

finescalerr

1-32

Good Evening all as always wishing you good health.
Another Element has been added to the workshop under the house, my thoughts are who would not want a tramway in their workshop .This one is for general maintenance of the tramway.
Once I get started it is hard to stop so there is a bit more to be built under the house.
Soon I will start to blend all the different scenes.
CheersDSC_8451.JPG

finescalerr