• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Cool! I like the engine block under repair.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

JGDurand

If you can dream it, you can make it

1-32

Hi all wishing everybody a happy Christmas and the rest have a great holiday.
I will happily claim the trophy for the most posts this year  I have rarely not posted at least once a week
Um and the prize is a signed copy of Volkers book look what you have missed out on you lot.
Moving along with this week's build a new workbench under the house .It is hard to model chaos it usually happens after 6 cups of coffee.
DSC_8536.JPG

Design-HSB

Hello Kim, yes there is life in the small scene.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

Hi Helmut.
Yes, life and smells, this picture has changed already, and the new layout works well, will post an update soon.
cheers Kim

WP Rayner

You're always successful at creating narratives in your scenes Kim, though I am curious about the anti-gravity spade... ;)
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

1-32

Hi Paul how are you doing?
Yes, the anti-gravity spade did not work pity now is just another addition to the junk box.
I have included another picture of the reworked foreground.
What has changed is the fuel barrels have been moved and a cart full of tools added. You can see that most of the scene is grey but this is broken up with 4 patches of vivid colors.
To come is the shelf in the laundry workshop lights a lighting rig set into the building above and the back area filled with ghostly light grey people and objects.
DSC_8548.JPG

Sami

Hello Kim,
All this details are very nice.

1-32

Hi everybody all good, looks cold and snowy over the Equator.?
Anyway continuing on with a version of Sandy Hollow on a scale of 1-35 to 1/32.
I put a lot of time into planning by trial and error how all the different elements fit together and they all have multi-functions, yes a custom kit.
 This is nothing new for me I have been doing similar builds for years.
Here in this series of pictures, I show how the biggest building has multi-functions.
The first is to provide illumination for the super detailed workshop this is provided by a mini led light.
The second function is to provide multi-storage areas for some of the parts in of three areas, they are nice and safe in there.
And the last function is a junction box for any electrical accessories that I might add.
Cheers everybody.

1-32

And the picturesDSC_8568 (2).JPGDSC_8566 (2).JPG    DSC_8586.JPGDSC_8582 (2).JPG 

finescalerr

And it really has character. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Very clever use of space!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi everybody have been enjoying the posts and as always wishing you all the very best of health.
Moving along with the Micro world of Sandy Hollow on 1/35 N 9.
The first  2 photos are a bit of a behind the scene view and the last one is a bit of model making.
The lighting rig is a mix of cool and warm LEDs using the banner method.If stuck for lighting ideas check out museums they always have the latest ideas. Also shown are the wiring, transformers, and track controls, keep it simple.
The second picture is the tool maintenance kit that travels in the box. I am a keen follower of survival in a tin thread this one is for railways.
And lastly, it is always great to keep small spaces neat and tidy a fresh broom really helps.
Cheers.
DSC_8694.JPGDSC_8698 (2).JPGDSC_8779 (2).JPG     

Bill Gill

Hi Kim, I can't see any of the photos.

1-32

Ok I will repost them