• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

1-32

hi Bill have re-posted them I hope this woorks

Bill Gill

That worked. Thanks, Kim, good shots.

1-32

Morning all, all good out there?
Moving along Sandy is evolving into a space that I really did not expect.
Here is a 1/35 to 1/32 scale on a 9 mm track -
The wagon fits an 8 by 4 sheet of something 2.4 by 1.2 and the track gauge is 300 mm or 1 foot. Actual size 70 mm long by 17 mm wide. Don't worry about the bolts coming through these are just set out or locator pins all will be good in the end.
But why all of this is very attractive to me again large scale minimum space just love the look of chaos.
All the very best Mr Kim
DSC_8880.JPG

finescalerr

It looks great ... but 300mm gauge? I always thought 600mm was rather narrow .... -- Russ

1-32

Morning Russ.
Yes it is a unique set of measurements but I like it a lot it sort of fits into where I am heading
Small highly detailed projects and with this smaller gauge there is a big selection of ready-made track parts and mechanisms.
The version of Sandy Hollow that is in a suitcase uses a 9 mm track but that is purely for display and travel.
Here I can get into more 3-dimensional and off-square buildings just very minimal with that just thrown-together feel.
It is going to be interesting to see what comes out of it.
All the best Mr. Kim.

1-32

Hi, all as usual wishing you all the very best.
Moving along with the world of Sandy Hollow.
Nothing worse than running late with a storm approaching.
cheersDSC_8965.JPG .

Ray Dunakin

Nice shot! I like the lighting...really gives it the feel of an approaching storm. Also, the shadow behind the gent on the motorcycle looks like it could be exhaust from the bike's engine.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

So you're at the stage where you can work on details and scenery. As is consistent with your talent, a very charismatic scene. Satisfactory. -- Russ

1-32

Hi Ray and Russ.
Yes out of all that boring nuts and bolts stuff.
Like most of us, photography is becoming important, we all want others to see the stuff that we build.
Maybe 4 years ago I asked for advice on photography here and as usual, Russ was only too happy to share his experiences.
I then went and did a short course at an adult college which was really helpful but taking lots of pictures and asking stupid questions has been the best help.
Photography is really such an exciting medium so much to learn and possibilities are limitless.
Cell phones or digital SLRs who care all have their pluses and minimus.
cheers Mr. Kim

Bernhard

Great photo, Kim. As always with a lot of atmosphere.

Bernhard

Lawton Maner

You need to add his beard and his umbrella to Hagrid on his motor bike to complete the scene!

1-32

Morning Bernard and Lawton.
Cheers.
Lawton now that is an idea my first thought was Mary Poppins you know the umbrella.
Another really useful tool for photography is the old saying -The camera never lies, if it is crap the camera will let you know real quick.
This saying has changed slightly with photoshop my images are straight out of the camera, fun times indeed.
Cheers

Lawton Maner

As any fan of Harry Potter knows, Hagrid is banned from using a wand and uses an umbrella instead.  Nothing to do with Julie Andrews.

1-32

Now break it to me gently Lawton are you telling me that they are not married?