• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

So now we finally see what you have in mind. I thought that might be a little too much for a suitcase layout. -- Russ

1-32

Hi Bill and Russ.
I will do both love the travelling large-scale model in the carry-on bag, I have a new idea for it but at the moment I don't know how to do it.
In the meantime, I will develop this shelf idea
cheers.

1-32

Morning all as always wishing you all the very best.
Moving along with the big job on a scale of 1/35 to 1/32
I don't know about the rest of you but I get my best idears on my daily walk and the track plan is a result of this.
L-shaped total size 2.400 by 1.200 or 8 feet by 4 feet, the width is 400 or 16 inches
Height to the base board 1.200 or 4 feet.
The frame is on wheels and is capable of being disassembled.
In three scenes the swamp the town and the oar loader which is on its own baseboard.
so off we go and the picture of the loco I could not resist.
DSC_9217.jpg

1-32

And the track plan and locoDSC_9222.jpgP1010734.jpg 

Bernhard

I am very excited about the realization, especially about the module with the loader.
The small locomotive should definitely be built as a model. Thank you for showing it to us.

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

What an unusual loco! Does it run on compressed air?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Krusty

One of those Moes locos was used in Fiji, so it's pretty local. I think there was a plan in Peter Dyer & Peter Hodge's Cane Train.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

1-32

yes that Loco is great I don't know its heritage but is part of the wonderful collection of the industry at the MEC museum in Dronten the Netherlands.
Please correct me but as I understand the site that used to be a concrete plant was bought by 50 members to house their own personal collections, yes personal collections. The original plant was demolished and a new clear-span building was built plus a residence for the organiser come manager. The site is huge the collections are How would describe it well I cant, plus the site is a commercial workshop they run it as a business
As the manager commented some members come every year while some others are there every day.
328027785_2258421461012228_7634515588823481679_n.jpg

1-32

and one moreP1010962.JPG

Barney

All looking good and the LOCOS very unusual all great stuff
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Wow, those are some odd and fascinating little locos!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi All
 Thank you all for your interest and as always wishing you all the best of health.
Moving along it has been a while but now I can settle back and do some modelling.
Enough carpentry the display boards are basically finished.
Three boards on separate frames that are on wheels each frame can be joined together or separated.
 L, shape the top is 16.5 mm or three-quarters of an inch thick, this is the base as the seperate scenic section also can be removed to the workbench. There is a 50 mm or 2-inch gap at the back to give it more depth or add a back scene and the corner has a curved add-on scenic section.
What I have been building towards is a high-level display unit, that has a lot of different possibilities.
cheers
P1030581.jpgP1030568.jpgP1030594.jpg   

Ray Dunakin

What is the black knob in the second photo?

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi they are screw toggle bolts ,I use them to join the frames together. Fast and secure.

1-32

In my next post I will put some pictures of the bolts up they are very handy and cheap.