• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

You build nice boats. -- Russ

Barney

Very Very nice  and also very "posh" with all that polished decking
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hey all how are you doing?
As always thank you all for your interest.
Moving along with the world for Sandy Hollow, and the paddle steamer.
You all know how I build things so I won't bore you with unnecessary detail. Board and framing construction with all the major bits removable.
I am thinking of the name -Broken Rose red of black I don't knowDSC_0524.jpgDSC_0494 (2).jpgDSC_0541.jpg.
cheers

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Thanks, Ray.
This is a very unusual design, one that I have no idea how it will turn out.

finescalerr

It will turn out better than you expect. -- Russ

Barney

Its looking great not so "posh looking " now - And Im sure it will look the part when finished
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Lawton Maner

Still waiting for Bogie and Hepburn!

1-32

Hi all.
I am feeling a bit better about this build.
I have done a lot of work on the proportions and now I feel that I have something that I can build on.
cheersDSC_0573.jpgDSC_0577.jpg

nk

Nice boat Kim. Its shaping up nicely. It has to be good for paddling around all the shallow reefs or in and around mangroves.

On the subject of dioramas in art galleries take a look at Ken Hamilton's work. He's had no trouble getting his stuff shown in galleries: https://lowcountryartists.com/artists/guests-artist/ken-hamilton/

Another friend, Chris Abrams, uses scale models as his medium and displays regularly in Boston: https://www.bostonsculptors.com/christopher-abrams/2022/5/22/9214fysxjrwkxq1oop55zkfbrvjupe

Don't forget that Volker's photos of his dioramas sell in a gallery.

I also have my stuff shown in an annual group show in a gallery that: "has a commitment to an extensive, yet focused group of artists known as part of the movements commonly called "Minimalism" and/or "conceptual art," along with younger artists who have come to renown since the 1960s with reductivist aesthetics."

What I am saying is that it's not impossible. You need to find the right gallery with the right clientele. Its not easy but keep trying, if that is what you want to do.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

1-32

Hi all
, how are you all going I have seen on the news that it is very hot in the Northern Hemisphere, my advice is don't go outside unless you have no choice.
Anyway back to my little paddle steamer on a scale of 1/35 to 1/32.
It is right at home in the swamp of Sandy Hollow.
About 70 per cent finished and 100 per cent scratch.
Personally, I find these builds a challenge but most of all a lot of fun,
I have an idea and to see it materialize well I can't explain the feeling.
Big fuel lamps and to be added 3 different types of cargo. Each type will have its own base so they can be changed when the feeling strikes.
cheersDSC_0789.jpgDSC_0772.jpgDSC_0802.jpg

finescalerr

It's shaping up nicely. -- Russ

Bernhard

A unique boat with a lot of character.

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

Really look like a fun build!

Ray Dunakin's World