• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Reminds me of those holidays in Caravans a long time ago - never been in one since !
But its looking good Kim
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi everybody as always wishing you all the very best.
Here we go onto another model but really all my stuff is connected, yes really they can be broken down into usable pieces.
But hey you all know that.
Anyway, it is a little motorboat on a slipway,at last, the hull is about right a nice shape but a bit of a pain to build
The drawing and the boat on the slipway size 160 mm long by 70 mm wide -7 inches by 3 inches.
This little piece of real estate will have a winch and scaffold In another area there will be more junk .
cheers
DSC_3023.jpgDSC_3097.JPGDSC_3052.jpg

finescalerr

An unusual and clever idea for a scene and the boat is coming along nicely. -- Russ

Les Tindall

I think boats always make great models and a slipway diorama gives so much potential for those extra bits and pieces. I remember drooling over a Greenberg and Nash boatyard scene years back.   Kim, those wonderful, atmospheric  drawings you do should be published in a book or framed, I'd love one on my modelling room wall at home.

Les     

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Kim, Another nifty little boat. Planking the bow must've been a challenge.

1-32

Hi Russ, Les, Ray and Bill as always thank you for your interest
Les sure e-mail me -marshkim3@gmail.com.
Yes, Bill a lesson in strange geometry.
Well, where is all this leading, of course back to my model in a suitcase.
Roughly I have had it for 8 years and occasionally I re-build it in the thought of refining the idea.
This time better lighting with a mini valance, and the track is visible both front and back.
It works I have the cabinet done and the boat on the slipway is a foreground model.
Here is my reference for the slipway and the box so far.Everything is reusable for all the different combinations.
cheers
DSC_3104.JPG
DSC_3115.jpg
DSC_2981.jpg

finescalerr

Better re-post the image in the post above. -- Russ

Bernhard

Kim, as always it is a pleasure to see your drawings and the transformation into a model.

Bernhard

1-32

And further down the road, now the boat is about 80 per cent finished.
Now the finish what will I do?
First cleanit up a bit.
DSC_3126.JPG
DSC_3147.JPG.
DSC_3124.jpg

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Loaded with character and charisma. -- Russ

1-32

Here we go again,I tried to delete one photo but ended up deleting all of them,no worries.
As always best of health and full tummies for the holiday season.
This is the first picture of my ever-changing model in a Blue carry-on suitcase.
The lighting system and overall presentation are different, it has been a bit of a challenge to get it all to work so far.But generally, it uses 2 screws for assembly and election and demolition takes 30 minutes.
cheers
 DSC_3319.JPG
DSC_3374.jpg.
DSC_3326.jpg

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Morning all.
Are we ready for 2024?
I would like to extend the warmest good luck and health for the New Year.
All the best from my World of Sandy Hollow.
DSC_3441.JPG