• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Hi all.
Here we see the Tea and Cake house with the cottage.
A corner block and of course many adjustments are needed.
Happy Days.
cheers Kim
DSC_5444.JPG

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Kim, do you plan most scenes carefully in advance or do you tend to be spontaneous? -- Russ

1-32

hi Russ and Ray.
Russ, it is more try and error than planning.
Sure I draw it out and base it around a 1.8 or a 6-foot person but it is not very comprehensive. After the size is determined, sketches are used.
I make many mistakes but it works in the end.
I had no idear that I would go down this rabbit hole till a while ago I walked past the reference picture and was inspired by the village atmosphere of the area where I live 100 years ago. Believe me, it is nothing like that anymore.
The finishes are different, not much weathering solid colours and most of the materials are right off the shelf of a good art store. Different types of paper when you look there is a lot to choose from.
All the very best

Stuart

What's happening with your amusement park ride project?  Did you finish it yet?

Stuart

1-32

Hi Stuart ,how are you.
My carnival has not gone far ,I have put it to the back for a while.
I will finish it when I get a clever idear.
cheers