• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Yard

Started by Les Tindall, April 02, 2021, 10:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Tindall

As promised some photos of "The Yard" a 16mm scale (1/19) diorama  that has featured in the background of some of my recent builds.  It represents a small workshop yard in the UK set in the 1960's repairing/overhauling narrow gauge equipment, the idea being to include anything I fancied making.  It has been over two years in the making and has become rather "busy" in the amount of items now incorporated. First shot is a birds eye view of the diorama.
Les

Les Tindall

Another view. The loco on the left is the restored 18inch gauge Ackroyd loco from Woolwich Arsenal depicted on a low loader after being rescued from a farm in Essex and heading for the Woolwich Arsenal Museum. It is surrounded by a battery loco (a model from Barney) and a Ruston diesel awaiting repair in front of Mr F. Needham's "Old Lane Works".

Les Tindall

The "storage" area,  basically a load of odd and sods such as two winches, a marine engine (foreground) - a 3D printed item from Shapeways  and a compressed air loco on the left (again from Barney) and the Ransomes portable (extreme left)(

Les Tindall

Last shot of the right side of the diorama with the Ruston again, another battery loco from Barney, a lathe and drill press (white metal kits) and a few engine units laying about.

finescalerr

Adequately exquisite. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Looks like you are going to have to have a yard sale , or build an extension to the diorama . I think this might be a prime example of "less is more" .

Nick

Barney

Superb- excellent - you have certainly put the hours into that one - its got atmosphere plenty of it - I'v been to so many places like it through the years and they are certainly still around complete with very knowledgable people who work there - with that saying  "I'v got one here somewhere I remember putting it here in 1950"  O for the good old days - No Jpegs or browsers just shere knowledge
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Hydrostat

What a great collection of machinery!
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World