• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Watery Grave

Started by marc_reusser, January 19, 2009, 12:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad gerald

Quote from: marc_reusser on November 27, 2012, 04:25:20 AM
Gerald,
... The primary reason for using wood instead of styrene, is because the projects is being done to show a method of painting/finishing wood, to look rotting and old ...I want to do it with products that are readily available to the model builder in the EU (Geramany in particular)...so no Silverwood or such.
... great ...  8) ... can you estimate, when it will be published (what mag?) ... and are you going to present it as a kinda short SBS here to the end?

Cheers

marc_reusser

Thanks Chester!

Gerald; The basic wood SBS, and a rust SBS, will be in issues of ModellFan next year (possibly Jan & Feb, or March) http://www.modellfan.de/....the whole dio will likely not be featured...can't say for sure what it will contain yet, as it hasn't been written yet. ;D. No, I will probably not show the SBS here, at least not for a year after publication (when I can post it, or release it to another mag), as that is what I understand the terms of the agreement to be. (I can possibly post some finished pics, but not an  SBS).
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on November 29, 2012, 02:13:06 AM
Thanks Chester!

Gerald; The basic wood SBS, and a rust SBS, will be in issues of ModellFan next year (possibly Jan & Feb, or March) http://www.modellfan.de/....the whole dio will likely not be featured...can't say for sure what it will contain yet, as it hasn't been written yet. ;D. No, I will probably not show the SBS here, at least not for a year after publication (when I can post it, or release it to another mag), as that is what I understand the terms of the agreement to be. (I can possibly post some finished pics, but not an  SBS).

Is there going to be an English version available ?

marc_reusser

Not within the foreseeable future. (However, I do believe you have access to a Scottish version.)

It's no big secret, or anything fancy...sim basic principals out there and around for a long time...just using different materials.

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on November 29, 2012, 02:26:56 PM
Not within the foreseeable future. (However, I do believe you have access to a Scottish version.)

Oh , alright . I'll stick with the German version then ,as it is more understandable than the Scottish one ! There are more recognisable words .

W.P. Rayner

Ah widnae go nippin Marc's heid when eh's been on the cheeky watter if ah wis you cos eh's goat an awfy habit o' gaun radge n' glessin folk...

Paul... gaun baik tae the cirnir

Gordon Ferguson

Oh boy, it's going to a long  winter with you lot. :D :D
Gordon

mad gerald

Quote from: W. P. Rayner on November 29, 2012, 07:34:17 PM
Ah widnae go nippin Marc's heid when eh's been on the cheeky watter if ah wis you cos eh's goat an awfy habit o' gaun radge n' glessin folk...

... reading this seems to me like listening to a Billy Connolly impersonater ...  ;D  8)

shropshire lad

Quote from: mad gerald on November 30, 2012, 12:22:09 AM
Quote from: W. P. Rayner on November 29, 2012, 07:34:17 PM

... reading this seems to me like listening to a Billy Connolly impersonater ...  ;D  8)

More like Rab C. Nesbitt .

Gordon Ferguson

Nick, we know you are the "brick" man  but you are no expert on Scottich dialects.

That has definite east coast elements, probably from association with the Sunday Post and " Oor Wullie" books!
Gordon

marc_reusser

This is how I imgane the Scot bringing you the SBS info.....

M-Works

Lawton Maner

My knowledge of Scotch stops at "a wee nip". ;D

marc_reusser

S'more wood. 1/4" square pieces.

M-Works

finescalerr

Did you make the knot in the far right-hand piece? It looks good.

Unfortunately your camera's meter was fooled by the background and resulted in a photo where the wood is too dark and therefore we can't appreciate the actual coloration. When you post your next update, remember to allow a little more exposure time so we can lust after your artistry with even more enthusiasm.

Russ

marc_reusser

Thanks Russ. Yes, the knots on both pieces were done using the toothpick method. They could probably benefit from a touch of red-brown, and as Ken suggested, a split in the knot.

Yeah.....had some issues shooting these...aside from the contrast, I also had issues with the brown popping a good bit more saturated than it was (had to adjust it in PS). Camera is set to Aperatue Priority, F29 or F32, ISO-100, WB at 5500K, (I think with a B:1/M:1 micro adjustment).......any thoughts/suggetions.

M-Works