• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

VilldeGrace - 1/32 French village | Scratch-built

Started by VilledeGrace, November 23, 2021, 05:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VilledeGrace

Hello all. Here is my recently completed first module of Ville de Grace. A 4'x6' imaginary village named after my wife, who puts up with all of this ,..well, you know. About 1 year of straight time over the course of several years.(Not my full time gig..unfortunately ) This first module has basically been a learning module for me. Come to think of it, they're all learning modules aren't they. As it grew, I changed and developed different techniques for realizing what was just in my head. Still trying to improve many things, but I will probably move to the second module soon. Running a Gauge 1 Marklin P8...a very short distance. All structures are scratch-built. Some 3rd party kit accessories have been added like figures, vehicles, some trees, and the bench. Hope to change some of those out to scratch later.

Main Materials - Balsa wood, Bass wood, Lots of Foamular (the pink foam) and some scratch cast resin and plaster.

I will post more photos after. Thanks for looking.
Best,

Greg

VilledeGrace

The local tavern.
Best,

Greg

VilledeGrace

Some foam brickwork on the train station.
Best,

Greg

VilledeGrace

Outside the Miller's house
Best,

Greg

VilledeGrace

Train station. The clock actually works twice a day!
Best,

Greg

VilledeGrace

Bridge from town.
Best,

Greg

VilledeGrace

more doors on station
Best,

Greg

VilledeGrace

Miller's office. He bikes to work.
Best,

Greg

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Les Tindall

Superb. The water under the bridge is possibly the most realistic I have seen, you almost "feel" its flowing.
Les

Bill Gill

Welcome to the forum!  The Ville de Grace diorama is terrific way to introduce yourself.
Can you post an overall view of the village so we can see how it all goes togeher?

VilledeGrace

Thank you. You nailed it Russ! Here are some wider angle shots. Not the best as they are at a show, but they should give you an idea of how it fits together.
Best,

Greg

VilledeGrace

Show Shot 2
Best,

Greg

VilledeGrace

Show Shot 3
Best,

Greg