• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35th Wilford power shovel B

Started by Bernhard, December 28, 2021, 07:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

Ray Dunakin

Great work, very impressive! And those CAD drawings too -- you could just about build the real thing from those.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Sami

Your work is really accurate. I'm impressed !

WP Rayner

Amazing work as always Bernhard... always enjoy seeing your in-progress shots.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Hauk

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

Superb engineering - and in a small scale
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

And Bernard.
I will leave you at the top of my comment blitz.
Truly fine mechanical jewelry love it.
all the best KIM.

Bernhard

Thank you for stopping by again.

I don't want to bore you too much with the production of the countless individual parts. So I will show you only some of the most interesting ones.

For example the etched parts from 0,3 mm brass sheet ...

Bernhard

... and from 0.2 mm brass sheet. Difficult to photograph these shiny sheets.

Bernhard

As already mentioned, the 3D printed parts were printed by a service provider recommended to me by Volker. The quality of the printed parts is excellent, that of the first photo unfortunately less.

Bernhard

For the turning plate, I had to turn the outer ring and the hub.

Bernhard

Subsequently, the parts were soldered together.
In the plate I provided several small position holes, for the exact placement of the A-frame and the various bearing blocks.

Bernhard

Here are two nice turned parts: a small pulley and the capstan drum for driving the bucket arm. The turning tool in the second picture has a width of 0.5 mm and a radius at the front.