• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The play ground

Started by Daniel, July 24, 2022, 03:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

... but the place where all visitor trees like the most to stay is along the river, in the area where they feed the hardworking 'charboniers'...

IMG_0034 (16) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0025 (13) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0024 (17) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

... but they always come back to say hello and inspect the ongoing works even at the little harbor where the floating market takes place once a week...

IMG_0107 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0108 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0115 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0115 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0117 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0118 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0122 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0130 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0138 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0139 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0140 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0141 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0143 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0144 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0145 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0148 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0149 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0150 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0152 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0156 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0158 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

Carlo

Lovely tree work, Daniel.
Ever try really big ones, for 1/12 scale?
Carlo

Daniel

Thank you Carlo.
 The simple reason why i did not try is because i am afraid if i do i won't get back to 1/32 and have an incredible amount of natural materials everywhere for modelling my scale at home but much more important my wallet would kill me if i try.

But if you are interested in bigger scales you may like to see this thread from a German forum:

https://www.buntbahn.de/viewtopic.php?t=13488

(You can set the thread to be read in English)

The man is really a master and makes the very best trees i have seen in big scales.

B.t.w.: for those interested in H0 trees Jos Geurts, a Dutch modeller, makes the best ones i've seen. You can see his work here:

https://mbbgroveden.com/over-mbb-grove-den/

To be clear: i met Jos through the net in a couple of modelling forums ten or more years ago; have learned from him the spirit of tree modelling, but never met him personally and have no personal nor commercial relationship with him.

Daniel

finescalerr

I really enjoy the idea of a diorama without trains or tanks hogging the spotlight. -- Russ

Daniel

Thank you, Russ.

But as i told before, i was pulled out from modelling trains by my eyes so it wasn't a choice. The good thing is now y wouldn't go back even if i would get the surgery and succeed: i am now
in love with modelling nature and simple life, no precision work, no moving stuff and neither lights nor wires. Just as 3D paintings.
All side effects vanished, stressing my eyes too and i got an amazing beautiful sense of freedom that no way i would compromise again.  :)

Daniel

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Your dioramas are quite lovely...lots of "Old World" charm.

Ray Dunakin's World

Daniel

Thank you, Ray.

Yes, my modeling period is France from approx 1880 to 1930 and focus on small villages and mainly on organic architecture.

I will post over a couple of days about my newest diorama, again in such a setting:

IMG_0002 (435) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0001 (468) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

Daniel

Bernhard

Your trees are incredibly well done. I especially like the pollarded willows, we had ones like that in our backyard. You have a good eye for the nature!
A couple of the pictures remind me a bit of the Canal du Midi in France.

Bernhard

Daniel

Thyank you Bernhard

Those Willows were the product of incredibly joyous work.

Yes, i've find trees fascinating and Polard willows among the most.

The folliage is far from all the rest, the very best among commercially available.'Those twigs have been with me for more than a decade now. They did fadded a little bit but you see in the photos, they have still a long life before the doctors gives them a light airbrush treatment.
The folliage is at least 50% of the tree.
It is made and sell only by a Belgian company in Brugge named ER-Decor.
They sell abroad too and so is how i got mine.

The product's name and number is  ER-2072 Miniloof
and you will find it at the bottom of the list here:

https://www.er-decor.be/?pagina=natural-bomen

Again, no personal nor commercial connection with the company.For de contrary, have had a couple of not nice talkss with the owner. But the product is by far the very best so i will buy more as soon as my wallet gets distracted.

Your impression about the water scene is not wrong at all.
Everything i model since 2010 is inspired in the French scene between 1880 and 1930 but avoiding WWI.
And, yes, i do have a feeling for nature and peacefull life.

After several experiment trying to make also Weeping Willows i may be reaching an acceptable result...

153 by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

165 by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

165 by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

... but not without a slow work....

157 by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

Daniel

Daniel

Well, i told you this thread would be chaos.
I was putting together the photos fir next rwi stages of modeling Birches and the amount was shocking: there are hundreds because befor finding the actual way there a big amount of all the previous intents and are all connected as a process so i decided to make a new set of photos with a more clear and updated series. It will take me a coup[le of days to get it done and posted here.
I apologize for that (but get used!)

I was busy with that today when i wanted to drink a lemon. I was preparing it and then i suddenly saw this:

IMG_0001 (527) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

I couldn't believe it!

You probably think 'there is nothing strange in a few lemon seeds... but see the following images...

IMG_0002 (506) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0003 (488) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0005 (491) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0006 (490) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0007 (457) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

A bit of primer sprayed...

IMG_0023 (389) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0030 (352) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

... a bit of color... and i suddenly had a present for the young late that every day makes her work pause at the little harbor...

IMG_0032 (339) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

She was só happy with it!

IMG_0031 (354) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

IMG_0026 (389) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

So now on you will understand why everything goes so chaotic in this thread and in my work. It is always so and i love it!!!

Now i'll go further with the photos for the trees and hope to have something interesting and clear about to post tomorrow.

Daniel

Stuart

You amaze me with your inventiveness.

Stuart

Daniel

Thank you Stuart.

I don't know if you will believe this but i have no idea how such things arise in my head.
It is certainly not result of thinking, asking myself or searching. It just happens. So i can take credit for the work but the idea is a total mystery also for me.
I have the impression such things are simply possibilities in the human brain and for some or other reason some notice it and others don't.
What follows happenned half a dozen times before, many years ago:  i 'create' something and find it so clever that think about getting a pattent. Some time later i see  it done by someone else.
The first couple of times i got very angry thinking it was stolen from me so after that, following times i took really care of not telling to someone else. Really no one. And still, some time later,  i saw 'my'(...) idea in a shop, or in an artwork, or in a magazine or someone telling or whatever. That is why i decided, long, long ago, not to take credits about and instead share as much as i can; like returning to the stream the fish that accidentally got into my boot while crossing it and gave me the oportunity to see it in own hands and learn. The feeling of gratitude is priceless seeing the fish swimming away.
Yes, i know it may sound a bit crazy, poetic, philosophical or whatever but hapens so many times that feels simply 'normal' now. And i love it! :)

Daniel

finescalerr

The world's best modelers share their techniques ... and our forum is evidence. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

I love finding ways to turn ordinary objects into model details!

Ray Dunakin's World