• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Help request, looking for an article

Started by SandiaPaul, December 23, 2022, 04:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandiaPaul

Greetings,

I'm looking for an article that had some ideas about building a layout as separate discrete but connected dioramas. I thought it was in one of the model building annuals but I can't find it. Also tried the other annuals but then got to thinking maybe it was here on the forum. All I know is I'm certain it was a Westlake thing! Searching here for diorama and shadowbox brings a good many results...just not the ones I'm looking for!

Does this ring any bells?

Thanks,
Paul
Paul

Bill Gill

Hi Paul, Do you recall what the layout looked like at all? Scenery? Time frame?
 Tha might help fire a few of my remaining memory cells.

SandiaPaul

So...not really except for one weird detail I do recall. There was one picture that had a water heater in it. And I thought what a neat way to deal with it. That since the whole thing was sections with "blank" spaces between them it didn't matter the water heater was there.

I ask this because I am in the initial stages of planning something and I always thought is was a cool idea. I don't really need to find it as I kinda know what I want to do...but it's always helpful to see someone take on it. Thanks!

PS...it is very possible I took this issue and put it somewhere "safe", that being the reason I can't find it now!
Paul

finescalerr

I think I remember what you're looking for. I will try to dig it up and, if possible, extract it as a PDF for you. If I'm successful, it will be your Christmas present. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: SandiaPaul on December 23, 2022, 09:03:29 AMPS...it is very possible I took this issue and put it somewhere "safe", that being the reason I can't find it now!

I've lost so much stuff that way! I put it somewhere "so I won't lose it" and that's the last I see of it. The surest way to find it is the buy a replacement. Then the lost item will turn up right away.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

SandiaPaul

Yeah...but why do I keep doing that?!?
And you maybe said to get a replacement in jest...but I have done that more than once. And a couple times I do find the original eventually!!

Ray...someone was asking about you on the On30 FB group the other day and wondering what happened to your layout.

I've lost so much stuff that way! I put it somewhere "so I won't lose it" and that's the last I see of it. The surest way to find it is the buy a replacement. Then the lost item will turn up right away.
[/quote]
Paul

finescalerr

Paul, I e-mailed the article. Did you receive it? -- Russ

Barney

Squirrels Hide there Nuts and they say its just by chance they find them again !! Myself I always know where my nuts are !!
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

SandiaPaul

Hey wow that's the one!! It wound up in spam folder. Yes thanks for the effort. I can stop looking for the issue now!

Merry Christmas to you too!
Paul

Lawton Maner

Barney:

This is a family forum.  Keep it clean! 

finescalerr

shropshire lad

Quote from: Lawton Maner on December 25, 2022, 11:11:21 AMBarney:

This is a family forum.  Keep it clean! 

Absolutely. This place is awash with impressionable young children and delicate females who know nothing of the male form .

So Barney , keep your nuts to yourself and don't display them again .

Hauk

Just out of curiosity, could anyone post a few pictures of the layout?
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

TRAINS1941

Quote from: Hauk on December 26, 2022, 08:51:18 AMJust out of curiosity, could anyone post a few pictures of the layout?

Russ would probably want your nuts to do something like that!!  ;D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr