• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Hulett Ore Unloader in 1:32th

Started by Bernhard, February 08, 2023, 08:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Many chips later, I am the proud owner of 20 finished angles.

Hulett 0122.JPG
Hulett 0123.JPG

Bernhard

Now I have to remove the remains of the holding webs and deburr the parts cleanly. Then I just have to make another plate with 20 mirror-image parts.
At least a first laying test shows that the angles fit perfectly on the plates.

Hulett 0124.JPG
Hulett 0125.JPG
Hulett 0126.JPG

Bernhard

While the CNC machine is working independently in the background, I can make a few add-on parts.
For example, the box for the life buoy ...

Hulett 0127.JPG

... or the platform on the right front tower.

Hulett 0128.JPG
Hulett 0129.JPG
Hulett 0130.JPG

Bernhard

Bill Gill

That is an amazing process!The curved angles are looking really good.

Now you need to find a purpose to reuse all those chips!

Stuart

Fascinating and remarkable all at the same time!

Ray Dunakin

Very cool! Trying to bend or form angles, even in styrene, to fit curves is such a pain that I either avoid projects that require it, or leave them off and hope it goes unnoticed.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

So tell us, Bernhard, have you made any progress on the loader? Seriously, your achievement so far is just remarkable. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

1-32

Hello Bernard.
Your brackets are very tasty, yes great.
cheers

Hauk

Quote from: Bernhard on July 09, 2023, 03:03:50 AMThank you all for your interest!

@Paul:
The special cutter is a double-edged solid carbide tool with no twist. The tool is very stable. Because of the lack of twist, the sheet metal is not pulled upward during milling, and it does not tend to vibrate. This is especially useful for large thin sheets, although I always stick them to the MDF with double-sided adhesive film to be on the safe side.

I would be very grateful if you could provide a link to the exact cutter you are using for milling. I have tried to Google for a bit like this with no success.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Bernhard

Hauk

Quote from: Bernhard on August 20, 2023, 07:27:07 AMHauk, I buy this type of cutter here.

Thanks a lot! Ordered 4 cutterd right away.

Looking forward to testing them!

PS: What are the deepest cut you take with the 2mm cutters?
And what speed/feed combination do you use?
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Hauk

Quote from: Bernhard on August 03, 2023, 06:30:16 AMHulett 0129.JPG

Those soldering fixtures inserted in the holes of the soldering board look very useful, could you tell us where you bought them?
Regards, Hauk
--

fspg2

Frithjof