• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Air Spares plus

Started by Barney, March 11, 2023, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

It never gets boring to look at such a small but fine masterpiece. I especially like the company logo with the dog.

Bernhard

Barney

Russ I have whatever they said to Apollo 13 - something like we appear to have a problem !!
Since down sizing our house storage has become a problem I have stuff everywhere But most of my models have moved on to new owners - sometimes reluctantly others glad to see the back of them !

Nick the ground cover is mainly from https://www.warpainter.net a great little company improving and adding to there collection all the time they come in a 9in x 6in bag a good amount for you money and the little sticky pad sticks like S++t to a blanket - excellent quality gear and a fast service
The earth is mainly sieved dirt and rock from the Lee Bailey narrow gauge site by Ross on Wye and the rail ballast is from the canal bank I also added some ground up bits of bark around the wooded area   
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Found another one comes in varying sizes but can be trimmed to your liking -I think a very natural look especially in clumps
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Stuart

Nice work. I'm really liking all the clutter and scrap items around the structure, the landscaping and the weathering.  This piece has a lot of charm and character.  Can't wait to see the rest of the diorama you are planning.

Stuart

nk

I like the grided plantings. It looks like Bob Irwin's garden at the Getty

You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

finescalerr

Narayan, you may now go stand in the corner. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Boring? No! Inspiring, yes!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Not quite finished but now SOLD and the punter was a happy bunny
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

So its onward and upward - was going to have a dabble at the big stuff - But still hooked on the 1/35th stuff
So its Back to Murphy"s War - note the broken cables!
A few picks of work so far

Barney 
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Apologies for the Intense Blue - having a bad day
Barney
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

Barney, you're thinking about this all wrong. The blue tint isn't "wrong", it's ART! Nice work. -- Russ

Les Tindall

Sorry Barney, but I'm concerned about the gears. I know we've been through this before but I'm not convinced by the "straight up and vertical" cogs/gears. Shoot me down in flames if you like but it's something that I couldn't live with.
Les

Barney

I promise to try and improve  ::)
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Wow! That little crane looks great so far!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

shropshire lad

32B4E086-B943-43C3-A498-DE5BF8B3D985.jpeg
Quote from: Les Tindall on May 17, 2023, 12:36:01 PMSorry Barney, but I'm concerned about the gears. I know we've been through this before but I'm not convinced by the "straight up and vertical" cogs/gears. Shoot me down in flames if you like but it's something that I couldn't live with.
Les

I wouldn't be too concerned , Les, as when it comes into my possession in November there won't be anyone around here so discerning ! Here is a photo of an Accurate Armour's Ruston-Bycyrus RB 19 for you to compare.

I hear that you have managed to escape from Alcatraz and are now living anonymously in Leicester . Does that mean we will be able to see some of your "proper" modelling again ?

Nick