• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A little help please

Started by Barney, April 13, 2023, 01:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Iv started to get together bits for a small rail inspection CAR  similar to Mr Gordons IONIA STEAM INSPECTION CAR found a few European /Australian versions but the photos  don't show much info on the small Upright boilers that use Oil fired versions
Would they be a converted coal/log boiler some show a fire box door-would that still be in use - is the oil pumped in and  what sort of controls would they use and there situation on the boiler - Googled oil fired boilers but keep getting Central heating systems or Massive K27 beasts
any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated
Thanks Barney                                       
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

NORCALLOGGER

Don't know if this will help you but here is a parts diagram for oil fired boiler parts from the 1925 Willamette catalog.
IMG_0341 (960x1280).jpg

Frank65

A good source for model boiler and engines is the successor to Stuart Turner once in Henly on Thames, England. Now available from https://www.stuartmodels.com/products/boilers-pumps/ Enjoy their products again.
The Willamette catalog does not show the boiler itself or where the parts go. Otherwise it is a treasure trove of information for logging interests!

Barney

Thanks for the info'
But why did I not think of that the very books / catalogues are sitting on my bookshelf + a lot of the small marine steam lunches appeared to go for oil fired big time
Thanks again
Barney
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

Barney, you didn't think of those books because you're as old and senile as the rest of us! -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on April 15, 2023, 12:20:25 AMBarney, you didn't think of those books because you're as old and senile as the rest of us! -- Russ

Speak for yourself . I'm just coming into my prime .

finescalerr

Big deal. I'm already in my second childhood, so there! -- Russ

Barney

Is that why my hair is coming out in a Floquil Drift wood colour - my teeth keep falling out - I talk with a limp and walk with a stutter - keep getting things the wrong way round - squirrel things away and forget where I put them
And forgot Iv got the information there already - and they call that getting old still a least Im alive!!!!and can still ride my bike (if I can find it )
Barney
Why do people walk around holding a phone and talking to themselves - I tried it with my phone but the leads not very long and the plug comes out !!!
Stuart McPherson

shropshire lad

Quote from: Barney on April 15, 2023, 01:30:33 PMIs that why my hair is coming out in a Floquil Drift wood colour - my teeth keep falling out - I talk with a limp and walk with a stutter - keep getting things the wrong way round - squirrel things away and forget where I put them
And forgot Iv got the information there already - and they call that getting old still a least Im alive!!!!and can still ride my bike (if I can find it )
Barney
Why do people walk around holding a phone and talking to themselves - I tried it with my phone but the leads not very long and the plug comes out !!!

You ride a bike ? That I have got to see .

Barney

Being that I am the same height as Paul Newman (well I was a few years back - might of shrunk a bit of late) My bike riding was cut short when I was refused the bike riding stunts in the film Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid  For Mr Newman because he did his own !
Barney
Stuart McPherson

shropshire lad

I had you down more as a well built version of ....

85EF8C35-D934-4070-ADC0-771F37D6EC54.jpeg