• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

An easy way for a Snow Plow

Started by LLOYD, February 14, 2009, 10:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLOYD

Hello Compadre,

recently I scratchbuilded a freelanced snow plow based on the WSL.Co prototype for my On30 mining layout!
That's the season for that!!
Start this project with a short Chivers flat car and B'man Shay's tender !
In first I cut the tender by the middle to make this at the size of flat car!
The wood part of the plow is constructed with 5 x 5 milimetter ( in Ayou or Samba wood ) and assembled between them.
The most difficult is to determine the perfect angles and to do them well !

LLOYD

For the iron blade cover, I used plastic in 0.5 millimetter.

LLOYD

Blade with some details!

finescalerr

But you have no snow on your layout; it's all desert! -- Russ

LLOYD

Yes my Tonton, the Rio Allosius Mining & Co. run somewhere in the southwest desert, but it is never known if time changes.
It is just for the pleasure to scratchbuilt a snow plow!
Painted with airbrush and brush  in wait weathering!

LLOYD

Other side!

LLOYD

Wheathering with rust powder and alcohol !

LLOYD

the color resembles the model of the WSL &Co

LLOYD

to make more weight the tender is loaded with stones ,sand and rail!

LLOYD

Now, the Rio Allosius Mining & Co.is ready for the winter!!
Sincerely!
Lloyd

finescalerr

Very effective. Nice work. -- Russ

lucas gargoloff

Fisrts, let me say this model looks great! I like how you did the blade in styrene. NBWs looks good in those rusty colors. And this B & W picture do justice to the awesome work you did. You have to try to add some chips in the paint (Marty told me many times jaja), specially in the lower place of the blade.
Keep up showing your good tips!
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

LLOYD

Hello from France,

Thank you my Uncle (Tonton) and Lucas for your compliments!
I have still many other scratchbuilt models to show, in 1:20.3  ( soon my two chain drive engines, my Uncle show one in Outdoor Modeller it there a long time ) and On30 southwest mining layout, and some models in HO built for my friend Guy J. Tyteca from Belgium!
In this time I work on vertical boiler engine in On30, start with a B'man ballast vehicles in HO!

Lucas what's "jaja" ???

So Long Compadre!
Lloyd

lucas gargoloff

Lloyd, "jaja" is a smile expresion... I make a mistake to write it, I should to put this... :D :D
This vertical boiler project sound interesting. I have a Bachmann 44 ton and am planning to do something like this.
Cheers
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

marc_reusser

Fun project. Nice Job...and damn fast! :o

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works