• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Vertical Boiler engine freelanced model

Started by LLOYD, February 24, 2009, 12:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLOYD

Hello from France,

enclosed some photo of my last work!
A vertical Boiler engine in On30, freelanced model without claim!
I sart this project with frame of the Ballast Car B'man and change the wheels with the wheels of lead trucks Forney for a better size!

LLOYD

For the deck, I cut 90 millimeters by 40 millimeters from Evergreen # 4100 styrene!
I open the place for the motor!
The frame and pilot beam are in wood!
Pilot steep are from B'man parts.

LLOYD

My fisrt idea it was scratchbuilt a classic vertical boiler, but impossible for cover the motor!
I choice a big HO boiler from Rio Grande Model!
The extended fire boxe is probably not credible for this little engine but is perfect for cover the motor!
???
I carved the place with Dremel, and for add  weight I make a 12 millimeters hole for a Sharps 45/110 lead bullet! ???
Journals and Link & Pine are made with 0,5 millimeters of styrene.

LLOYD

Boiler in place!

LLOYD

water tank is made from styrene and covered with aluminium!
Add the minimum of details!
hand rail and tubing are made from galvanized iron wire!
Now this little engine is ready to paint and weathering!

LLOYD

The cylinders are from HO donkey's parts from scrapbox

LLOYD

Finished model !
Realy fun to built this!
But after some run on my layout the Bullshit B'man motor dead.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... >:(
I changed this by an N scale Marklin motor, now this little engine run better !

LLOYD

Compadre, sorry for my poor english!
It's more easy for me to scratchbuilt Railroad Models!
Sincerely!
Lloyd

Waldbahner

Hello Lloyd,

again a great piece of modeling. I also like the fine weathering on your models.

BTW. don't worry about your english. I'm from Germany and I teach my english every day => By reading and posting in several English speaking model railroad forums. What type of english lesson could be more fun ;-)

Cheers, Gerd

michael mott

Nice lookin model LLoyd, great to see the pics from start to finish.

cheers Michael

lucas gargoloff

Another good example in scratchbuilding with everything you have in the scrapbox. Tanks for sharing Lloyd!!
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

LLOYD

Thanks for your kind words Compadres!
With my opinion this website is one of best, to learn and share many ideas on model making!
Sincerely and so long!

Lloyd

marc_reusser

Another neat project!...and again so fast!...do you practice "speed building"! ;) ;D

Your English is far, far better than my French!

Ne vous inquiétez pas pour votre anglais. Il est très bien. La seule langue qui est vraiment important ici est la modélisation.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

LLOYD

Merci pour tout Marc!

I have still some good models to show on htis fabulous website!
Sincerely!

Lloyd