• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Yorke´s Brick Store

Started by lucas gargoloff, March 02, 2009, 07:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas gargoloff

Hi gang, last week I started to build this funny kit in 0 scale. Is the Yorke´s #103 Brick Store.
I starterd with painting walls with a mix of Humbrol #70, red and yellow. Then with white acrylics paint all the surface, removing it inmediately with a rag, this way I did the mortar lines.
Yesterday painted doors and windows.
Still I don´t know what will it be as a commerce, but I´m thinking to name it as my grandfather´s busines many years ago, was called "La Famosa", a nice place I grew up with lots of remembers with my cousin, the building doesn´t look like as the one I said, but adding only the name it´s all said. It was a pizza bussines and a beer corner in a little town far from the big cities here, the town is Dolores (yes, like the DRGW town!!)
So, this is the progress.
Hope you enjoy.

Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

michael mott

Hi Lucas, looks like you are off to a great start.
regards michael

marc_reusser

I agree...good start. Looking forward to your progress. I was a bit worried when you wrote you were using white for the mortar (usually that is pretty strong/bright)...but it looks like you are making it work.

Say...do you live near Plaza Matheu?  ;)

If you follow Avenida de La Plata all the way to the end at the water...is that an old dock, or a sunken ship?

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lucas gargoloff

Thank you guys! I used white and then with black india ink applied in lower parts.
Yes Marc, I live one block to Plaza Matheu. Was you seiing Google earth??
This docks are part of the port of La Plata, there is a shipyard near from it , and two cold-storage plants. It was a very popular zone by mid 40´s with full of inmigrants.

marc_reusser

Lucas...It's a long story filled with too much alchohol and wild women  ;) ;D ;D ;D....

....yes, I used Google "Maps"...I saw the address on the package in the background of the photo....so, for the fun of it, I thought I would have a look...the only slightly confusing part was figuring out that you lived between 115th  and 116th Street/Ave.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lucas gargoloff

;D ;D ;D Be careful, around Plaza Matheu are some kinds of "woMEN" LMAO  ;D ;D ;D
Well guys, here is a prebuild to see how does it looks. Walls aren´t glue yet because I haven´t yet the MDF laser cut windows I design in CAD for the front. Will have it soon, I hope.
I have to work in weathering this brightness door. After glue all walls I will paint the building with a mate coat.
Cheers!

lucas gargoloff

hey guys! this is some progress at the Yorke´s building. I made the exterior floor with an epoxi daugh and the interior is color laser print in regular paper.
Will keep posting.
Cheers

michael mott

Looking good, I am interested in how you achieved the cracking in the concrete.

regards Michael

lucas gargoloff

Thanks Michael, as I said, it´s an epoxi daugh modeled with fingers. The cracking lines were did with an X-Acto knife, after seeing a couple of pics as reference. Now I´m painting with grey base colour and then will do a wash with black india ink, to give life to these cracking lines.

PuckHog

Looking good, Lucas.....Do you plan on adding interior?  Randy

lucas gargoloff

Thanks Randy!
Yes, I´m planning to add interior but not full detailed as I like, right for show something in it. It will be a local post office.

lucas gargoloff

More progress. The roof are corregated aluminium sheets trheated with ferric chloride for give this rusted effect. I airbrushe all the model with many colors as brown, black and white. Finnaly applied a mate coat for fix dust colours.
Cheers

lab-dad

Looking better each time!
take it outside and shoot some pictures, hard to see the detail in this light.
-Marty

LLOYD

Howdy  Lucas,

very nice weathering, and interesting way to paint the walls !

Sincerely!

Lloyd

PuckHog

Lucas,  I really enjoy watching your progress...please closeups on sidewalk and doors!....Thanks,  Randy