• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Yet another machine shop

Started by PuckHog, March 09, 2009, 06:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PuckHog

Hi Folks,  After looking around on this site for days and picking my jaw back up off the floor I think I need to post some stuff just to get the feedback and improve. It's a machine shop for my new On30 layout and I thought I was fairly close to done untill I found this forum. Oh well... I have some photos of work to date and will post more as I go. There is a poor quality video on Youtube that shows what I'll trying to do for animation.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuYkQ2bxBv8

PuckHog

Soory I forgot to sign my name. My name is Randy Ditton. Here are some photos of construction.   Thanks,  Randy

PuckHog

More photos ...The steam engine is a SierraWest reissue of the CHB model. The three large belt driven machines ( planer, lathe, and drill) are all Western Scale Models.

PuckHog

Yet more.....   Randy

PuckHog

More interior with details coming along......Randy

PuckHog

The planer....Randy

PuckHog

More detail from the rail side....Randy

PuckHog

Crud for the floors......Randy

lab-dad

I duuno Randy, I'm pretty impressed.
Other than some nit picky stuff I dont see any glaring errors.
Look at some reference pics on line and see what you think.
The Library of congress Historic American buildings site is a treasure trove of inspiration.
-Marty

PuckHog

Thanks Marty,  I think I'm more unhappy with the outside finish and the roofs. Plus the tractor and figures in the open sided addition don't look so good anymore after seeing what you guys do.  .....Randy

PuckHog

Closer shot of problem...Layout visitors are looking thru here to the lathe spinning in the shop.  It looked okay in person but photos showed crude figures and sloppy work on the tractor....Randy

John McGuyer

Way too cool. Love the animation. You are going to fit in just fine here.

John

PuckHog

Thanks John,  Have always loved belt driven machinary and have been attempting to model it for years. Will try to get better video posted .  Randy

LLOYD

Hello,

all this very pretty, much of details is well placed, creating  a beautiful  atmosphere!
Nice work!
Sincerely!

Lloyd

PuckHog

Thank you Lloyd for your kind remarks....A couple of more shots, wanted to shoot outdoors but we got some fresh snow so I'll go with these..The first shows piping details (should steam supply lines always be wrapped?) for the twin cylinder engine.....Randy