• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Yet another machine shop

Started by PuckHog, March 09, 2009, 06:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PuckHog

Lennart,   I do need that flapping sound!!!!.....

Lloyd,  Thanks for the comments....Randy

lucas gargoloff

This grey boiler I´ve never seen before, and looks so real!!! I test the salt in a rusty model I´m doing, and doesn´t works as yours. So, will keep trying... grrrr
Thanks for sharing this!!
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

PuckHog

Okay Russ, maybe i got carried away with the plants!!!!!........

Lucas,  Thanks for the comments,  keep trying ,I screwed up alot ....Randy

marc_reusser

Randy,

Great job on the frame...and neat scene. Glad you posted this, as I have a project where I need to build some steam piston and frame parts as well, and this really inspired me to move ahead, and gave me some ideas on how to approach it.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

PuckHog

Marc,   Thank you for your comments, I was pleased with the way it turned out except for the "studs" showing on the bearings not being threaded. I need to order some tiny bolts and replace them.    Randy

PuckHog

After many distractions,  finally got around to making some changes to the machine shop exterior. 

I had wanted to age and change the look of the siding somewhat so gave it two coats of "silverwood"  then added some battens.

Also changed some roof sections,  removed a small section of shingles and tarpaper on the shed roof and replaced with corregated material dipped in ecthant fluid. Not done aging the roof yet but I'm going in the right direction (refer back to earlier pic) ,...  With a layout tour coming up at the end of the month this project is being put in the " finished for now "  file......
Thanks for viewing along the way,   Randy

PuckHog

more

PuckHog

more

PuckHog

more

PuckHog

more

PuckHog

on the layout

PuckHog